Thread: Lube top of Round

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If you look back through many discussions here, I think you'll find that very few people believe in "chain fire past the balls". The general opinion seems to be that if you have the right diameter balls - and especially if a sliver of lead is shaved off as you press them in - then there is no way a spark or similar is going to get past the balls.
    I started shooting m/l revolver in the early 80s and gave up greasing the front in the early 90s. No problems so far!

I make wads using a 1/2" punch and an old Pilates mat! One mat makes many hundreds. Put them in a box and give a spray of lube. Powder - wad - ball. Works for me.

Do bear in mind that you will never find two or more BP shooters who agree on the correct way to load a gun

Steve

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sclg View Post
    If you look back through many discussions here, I think you'll find that very few people believe in "chain fire past the balls". The general opinion seems to be that if you have the right diameter balls - and especially if a sliver of lead is shaved off as you press them in - then there is no way a spark or similar is going to get past the balls.
    I started shooting m/l revolver in the early 80s and gave up greasing the front in the early 90s. No problems so far!

I make wads using a 1/2" punch and an old Pilates mat! One mat makes many hundreds. Put them in a box and give a spray of lube. Powder - wad - ball. Works for me.

Do bear in mind that you will never find two or more BP shooters who agree on the correct way to load a gun

Steve
    This guy certainly goes into detail!

http://www.geojohn.org/BlackPowder/bps3.html

ATB, ED