Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
Some years back when I started tuning my springers, a few of us got our heads together,thanks mainly to the BBS and the Springer bash, sharing ideas and techniques and tuning seemed to come on leaps and bounds with new approaches/ developments happening fairly often (reduced cylinder , skirtless pistons, new ways of sealing etc )
All I am seeing now seems to be old stuff rehashed ,ie buttoning gliding, shorter strokes or spring kits, most of which while being well engineered are mostly copying the venom work from the past.
I am constantly changing modifying and testing variations of my tunes most of which doesn't improve things and gets binned .
So has spring piston tuning reached its conclusion , or is there more to come ?

Posted elsewhere.
Yourself and a couple of others have taken springer tuning to another level, which is now into a level of redesign / remanufacturing that's beyond the ability of most.
The rest of us will continue to strive to get the best out of available platforms, by the simpler means available.

Whether springer tuning has stagnated, is possibly a question for the very small group, that have made the major advancements in the least few years.
The rotating piston underlever rifles, seem to have had more developments, with the reduced piston diameter tuning, but break barrel rifles do seem to have been left behind, guessing down to the complcations that aren't there with underlevers.
How about a 22mm piston for a 95?