Thread: LEM Electromagnetic Case Cleaner ?

LEM Electromagnetic Case Cleaner ?

Anybody using a LEM Electromagnetic Case Cleaner ?, if so whats the verdict ?

As far as I can see they are a variant of the wet tumbler cleaners albeit an expensive version.
    You would get the same results with a normal rotary wet tumbler.
    I have one of these (got it some time ago when it was a lot cheaper!)
    https://1967spud.com/extreme-rebel-1...r-220-volt-kit

And a mate has one of these. And is very happy with it
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/BestEquip-P...ps%2C71&sr=8-3

ATB
    James

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    A bit of googling and it looks like snake oil to me.

They are very vague about how this actually works other than a waffly claim that the needles are "powered" by magnets and the granting of an "intellectual patent". Magnets do not release power so this is sales puff rather than any scientific claim. No subastantiation whatever regarding the "electromagnetic" mentioned in it's title (Neodymium magnets are NOT elecromagnetic).

They do not state who granted the "intellectual patent", but note that this is different to a patent and again reeks of snake oil

Wording and phraseology is not normal English nor American and I would suspect a translation.

Have been completely unable to track down the manufacturer but it might be Shooting Technology in Italy.

I have no doubt that they kit does clean cases but IMO wet tumbling with stainless steel pins will work as well at a fraction of the price.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

I was offered one cheap yesterday, (£100) genuine reason for sale and hardly been used, just wanted to find out if its worth trying, i have always been happy enough with my old lyman turbo and im not reloading at the minute but need to start again.

Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    A bit of googling and it looks like snake oil to me.

They are very vague about how this actually works other than a waffly claim that the needles are "powered" by magnets and the granting of an "intellectual patent". Magnets do not release power so this is sales puff rather than any scientific claim. No subastantiation whatever regarding the "electromagnetic" mentioned in it's title (Neodymium magnets are NOT elecromagnetic).

They do not state who granted the "intellectual patent", but note that this is different to a patent and again reeks of snake oil

Wording and phraseology is not normal English nor American and I would suspect a translation.

Have been completely unable to track down the manufacturer but it might be Shooting Technology in Italy.

I have no doubt that they kit does clean cases but IMO wet tumbling with stainless steel pins will work as well at a fraction of the price.
    As far as I know they work like these
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_stirrer

Quote Originally Posted by rapidboy1 View Post
    I was offered one cheap yesterday, (£100) genuine reason for sale and hardly been used, just wanted to find out if its worth trying, i have always been happy enough with my old lyman turbo and im not reloading at the minute but need to start again.
    For that price it’s worth a punt especially if it has the media (steel/ ceramic) with it 👍

Quote Originally Posted by rapidboy1 View Post
    Anybody using a LEM Electromagnetic Case Cleaner ?, if so whats the verdict ?
    Had one for over 5 years now, brilliant piece of kit.
    You have to go through a bit of a learning curve and understand how to get the best from it, but I honestly wouldn’t be without it.
    I reckon I’ve cleaned in excess of 50,000 cases of alll types (it’s amazing how many friends you’ve got when they know about it.
    It’s much, much, quicker than a vibratory cleaner.

Incidentally, £100 is very cheap. I think I paid £400 when I bought mine new, and they’re over £500 now.

Furrybean is offline Professionally Crastinating.
    I use one. Used to have a Thumbler and it’s a definite upgrade. Cleans cases much quicker
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    A 7mm08 shooter