Thread: Tanfoglio Witness 1911

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Making sense

Rob, this is a starting to make sense, I have been looking for the one as seen in this video from KWC with the grey-green parkerised finish look. This gun looks more realistic than the shiny black finish. Nick, what finish has your 92 got ?

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/...5axl-video.jpg

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by 2schimels View Post
    Nick, what finish has your 92 got ?
    It's a semi-matt black - very Gunny! , it is the GSG 92 - the box states it's made under license by Cyber-Gun,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Strange marketing

This has been quite interesting.Looking around the world this gun has variations in the last few digits of designation. Starts off KG15- but changes according to finish or country. The one with the finish I am looking for does not appear to be in UK. Differences also apply to the Witness, it is available overseas without the nasty writing "Tanfoglio Witness 1911" plastered on the side.Wonder what the thinking is behind all this.

Different markets different rules. The US version seams to have the safety warnings on it. Thank fully we don't have that here!
    Set Bazookoids to kill stuff and mount. We're going in!

Got

Just received mine from a member here.

He has removed the finish from the sides of the slide, but left it in satin rather than highly polished, so the logo's are just discernible - looks really good - shock! Even the good lady wife likes it!

Hogue rubber grips just ordered.

Only thing I'm not too keen on is the grip safety, but that's easily sorted.

Nice bit of kit.