Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1980's airguns

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    77 around 250
    K’s more popular - old 25mm like yours more sort after

Tasco scope - a Jap AG can fetch 80 quid

177 Omega - around 175 - not especially sought after in 177 as barrels not as good as in 22

Gas rammed anything - less than if left original, regardless of quality of shooting due to widespread prejudice
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Welcome to the forum, Kenny.

A great place to get to know like-minded, friendly and knowledgeable people.

Prices and observations maybe as above. As others have said, photos and more detail would further assist.

I'm guessing the rammer Mistral might command in the region of £250 if it is nice and shooting nicely.

Cadets, as far as I'm aware, haven't started making the big money yet, so maybe £60 to £100, depending on that vital condition?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Thanks for the repiles.

First time I've been on any forum, so when I figure things out I'll put up pictures.

The HW77 has a rust blemish/spot the size of your thumb nail on the under lever, I also cut it back 15mm or so to move the foresight back, so I could fit a silencer.
    The ball bearing that locates ( if it was a ball bearing? can't remember ) the under lever is missing as well but a replacement lever and foresight would remedy this.
    I sanded the stock back as well so I'd imagine she'll be at the lower end of the value scale. I stripped it down the other night for the first time in over 30 years and was amazed at how easy it was. I'm sure she has an old ox spring! Other than mentioned she cycles and fires no problem. A tune up and new spring and washer and it will be back to good as. It's a great credit to Weihrauch to how good these guns are. When she goes it won't be about top coin, it will hopefully be to someone who wants it.

Interesting comments on the Tasco scope and the gas ram.

Hopefully pics to follow.

Welcome to the BBS. You have some nice classics there.

A gas rammed Mistral would be valued at less than one in original spec. If the open sights are present, the rife would be more desirable than if they have been removed and lost.

You really need to supply some hi res pictures to help with valuation.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Springers

Tesco did a fair few 4 x 32's back in the day so price depends on the model it is. Mach 1.5

Thanks for the extra information on the 77. I know that at one time HW did use 'square section' springs for a while but was not aware they were fitted to the early 77 like yours. I have a 'MK2' 77k that came with a round section spring.
    With regard to price, my feeling is that, sadly, your 77 will not fetch as much as an unaltered one. Maximum of £120 in its current state and possibly less if you take into account the need for a new underlever ... can you get that model u/l now? I note Chambers have the MK3 u/l new at about £83 but do not know if this would fit your model. Maybe a search of various auctions etc would find one eventually. Of course if someone is happy to accept the modifications then you might get a higher price.
    Sorry to let you down like this but these thoughts reflect my own reasoning and, of course, many may not agree with me.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    177 Omega - around 175 - not especially sought after in 177 as barrels not as good as in 22
    I'm curious where you get that from. I have a .177 Omega and the barrel appears to be extemely good, both on examination and in terms of it's accuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by bill57 View Post
    I'm curious where you get that from. I have a .177 Omega and the barrel appears to be extemely good, both on examination and in terms of it's accuracy?
    I should advertise yours for sale then for top wack - UK Webley made 177 shoots well 😉

Webley started buying in Walther Barrels for (forthcoming) Longbow during Tomohawk production timeframe so people would take them a bit more seriously / maybe compete with HW
    It’s pretty well known - I’ve never had a good UK 177 Webley and I’ve tried a few

It’s all relative - and since Webley the market if full of cheap Chinese Turkish Brazilian rifles, maybe UK Webleys in 177 look good now by comparison - I honestly wouldn’t know.

I do have a Chinese barreled Diana that shoots great 👍

The .177 mk3 Vulcan I have is quite accurate, but it needed a somewhat weaker spring to shoot well.
    May come down to .22's more forgiving as to spring setup?
    Too many airguns!

I used to own a .177 Omega Carbine and that grouped very nicely with no barrel related accuracy issues.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

I've had and still have a variety of Webley rifles in .177 which all shot well. They may have other issues which are well known, but it isn't the barrels.

If, as you say, "It's pretty well known", it shouldn't be difficult for you to present some real evidence to substantiate the allegation

How do I upload photos on here?, having no luck trying to negotiate it.

I've had and still have a variety of Webley rifles in .177 which all shot well. They may have other issues which are well known, but it isn't the barrels.

If, as you say, "It's pretty well known", it shouldn't be difficult for you to present some real evidence to substantiate the allegation

I stand corrected Webleys in 177 are all great - you should definitely buy more of those

Webley Omega

Early ones have rifling that start a few mil into the barrel. Find a good long skirt pellet and they are fine. I own 3 and no accuracy problems even with the venom boys chopping the barrels down on them. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    I stand corrected Webleys in 177 are all great - you should definitely buy more of those
    Your not being very PC are you PCP

Whats with baiting Webley users with their factory standard .177 barrels

I'll throw the glove down and challenge you with your Chinese Diana barrel ( what cal is this one ? ) against my .177 Webley barrel at HFT distances

Strictly springer mind and a good ol 4x32
    Hw77+7