Thread: Your perfect sporting breakbarrel?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    A crazy thought that hit me the other day is that the Bam B26 is a 25mm HW95 cylinder.
    The B26 has not been at the top of my list, because the two examples I've played with have had problems with both lockup and pivot bolt.
    It would take some work, but probably be quite possible to use a B26 cylinder and piston combined with HW95/98 parts and build a 25mm HW95.

This thread should be renamed ramblings and pipe dreams
    I had a BAM 95 copy many years ago and it had had some tuning done to it, not sure if it was a 25 or 26mm piston but it had a HW95 barrel and had the Rekord trigger blade conversion and a V-mach tuning kit, it sat in a CS700 stock, so some of the parts are interchangeable.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I had a BAM 95 copy many years ago and it had had some tuning done to it, not sure if it was a 25 or 26mm piston but it had a HW95 barrel and had the Rekord trigger blade conversion and a V-mach tuning kit, it sat in a CS700 stock, so some of the parts are interchangeable.

Pete
    The rifle referred to was originally the B20, imported by SMK and given their designation XS20, it had a 25mm piston.
    Around 2005/6 the piston diameter was increased to 26 mm and had the international designation B26, but SMK still called it the XS20
    There was a version with a thumbhole stock, but a very high comb (too high) being the B26-2.
    However the B26-2 was never imported into the UK in any great numbers.
    They did copy the Rekord trigger but cut corners with the top of thetrigger blade i.e.shaped lobes of metal instead of impressed rollers.
    A good fix was to buy a HW trigger blade then drill its axis hole to 3mm to accomodate the fatter axis pin on the B26.
    In that way, you got the proper 2 stage triggerand a lighter smoother pull.
    Subsequent versions did away with the Rekord copy trigger altogether but still kept the SMK designation of XS20
    My .22 is now17 years old and notwithstanding being made of "monkey metal", can still shoot the nads off a gnat out to 45yds