Thread: The Lesser Spotted Original/Diana 35

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    You could do that but it's probably not the easiest option as there is a couple of simpler options. :-

1) The factory Spring is 33 coils of 3.1mm wire with a fully compressed height of 102.3mm, the HW95 Spring I've used is 28 coils of 3mm wire with a fully compressed height of 84mm.
    So using the 28 coil spring gains you 18.3mm of free space within the piston where you could fit nine 20mm OD X 10mm ID X 2mm wide flat washers weighing 36 grams --- they're 4 grams each.

2) another easy weight increase could be made by using thicker steel for the piston liner, I used 0.25mm thick steel but you could get a 0.5mm steel liner in there which from memory would add another 20 grams

All the best Mick
    Still following with interest

I'm wondering with your option 2 if a bit of twang may be reduced also? A bonus in my books particularly on the hunting front.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    Still following with interest

I'm wondering with your option 2 if a bit of twang may be reduced also? A bonus in my books particularly on the hunting front.
    Dave
    There's the funny thing with this one, Dave, it doesn't twang.

I had a bit of trouble with a resonance at one point but managed to dial that out by moving the preload from the top hat to the guide.

All the best Mick