Thread: Gamo compact

Gamo compact

Just bought one and after sorting the furniture to my hands and staining it etc had a shoot…..what a cracking accurate little pistol very happy indeed! Anyone else have one? Opinions?

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Waltherfan View Post
    Just bought one and after sorting the furniture to my hands and staining it etc had a shoot…..what a cracking accurate little pistol very happy indeed! Anyone else have one? Opinions?

Regards
    Yep I’ve got one too, trigger could be a little better but as you say a great pistol and VERY accurate especially at the price point
    Slightly obsessed with Single Stroke Pneumatics
    Also making stocks over at Daviesbuilt gunstocks.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yup great guns
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Good little pistols but Ive noticed with a couple (club guns) if they are not used for a while the main seal dries up A couple of drops of Pellgun oil down the transfer port and worked in usually has them back to normal.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I had one years ago, it always shot very well for me, they are great wee pistols, enjoy it.

I have an entirely personal prejudice that the earlier ones (pre 2007) are better than the later ones, not least in having better trigger adjustments.

Much underrated pistols. As are the PR series of sporter/plinker variants that in my view compare well to the HW40, but are cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Much underrated pistols. As are the PR series of sporter/plinker variants that in my view compare well to the HW40, but are cheaper.
    One of the few occasions we may disagree... I don't mind the PR45 at all (I have a couple) but the false two-stage trigger is not even close to that of the HW40... and triggers on pistols are so crucial.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Good little pistols but Ive noticed with a couple (club guns) if they are not used for a while the main seal dries up A couple of drops of Pellgun oil down the transfer port and worked in usually has them back to normal.
    Good advice many thanks, mine is a used example so I may do that as matter or course.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Waltherfan View Post
    Good advice many thanks, mine is a used example so I may do that as matter or course.

Regards
    Personally - I would only put anything down the transfer port if there is a loss of power due to say a lack of use over several months. I work on the old adage - if it ain't broke don't fix it.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I lube mine every few month by putting a bead of oil over the air intake port at the end of the piston stroke on the cylinder. Just sucks it in and lubes the o-ring.

I think it's good preventative practice. Do the same on most of my pumpers, whether SSP or MSP

I had one as a starter pistol when I got into 10m shooting in the 90s. Good pistol - I shot into the 540s ex 600 with it. Really it was all someone of my ability needed and you need to spend a lot to get something markedly better. There are ways to improve the trigger - a quick internet search should throw up solutions.

Yes i do, cracking gun, even better with a trigger fettle. Need to keep the seal wet though

Yes nice gun. Some polishing of sears (not sure if worth the work) and tweaking the trigger spring (big difference) the trigger 'feel' was much better and, in my hands, improved the attainable accuracy considerable.