Thread: Hatsan Nova Star ,177

Hatsan Nova Star ,177

HI guys

after a recent bout of no work (withdrawal of Afghan) i was left once again without work and the lions share of my collection went to the auction in the sky i was GUTTED anyways i found work again and my kids (now all brown up) took it upon themselves to chip together and bought me a rifle a Hatsan Nova Star ...... well besides blubbering like a kid with a new puppy i was one seriously happy teddy...... thing is i had very little time to pellet test this beautiful rifle let alone get aquainted with it.
    So do any of you guys know much about them?
    Also what ammo is best for a UK standard sub 12flb model in this new rifle does anyone know.

kind regards

Phil

I've previously owned a hatsan pcp in .22" and found aadf or jsb exact in 15.9 grain worked well.

What a lovely story, Phil. Good on you, kids.

I hope the Hatsan delivers many smiles and happy times.

I've never owned one so can't come up with any specific recommendations, but trying a selection of pellets from known quality makes is always the way to go. The Air Arms Fields mentioned above would be on many people's short list. 8.44 grains in .177. With it being a PCP I think I'd want to be trying the JSB Exact Heavy as well as the normal Exacts. And I'd most certainly be testing the H&N Field Target Trophy and Baracuda FT. The QYS pellets are very much in favour currently, also.
    Last edited by TonyL; 20-10-2021 at 05:13 AM.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    What a lovely story, Phil. Good on you, kids.

I hope the Hatsan delivers many smiles and happy times.

I've never owned one so can't come up with any specific recommendations, but trying a selection of pellets from known quality makes is always the way to go. The Air Arms Fields mentioned above would be on many people's short list. 8.44 grains in .177. With it being a PCP I think I'd want to be trying the JSB Exact Heavy as well as the normal Exacts. And I'd most certainly be testing the H&N Field Target Trophy and Baracuda FT. The QYS pellets are very much in favour currently, also.
    TonyL

thanks for the reply mate, yes the baracudda hunter seems to be the best with what little time i have had to shoot it so far. i have ordwered a few "test samples" of the bay and i will see what that brings if nothing seem to tickle its fancy then maybe a really good barrel clean and a start again and just chuck a 100 or so pellets through it first before starting the process again. I'll get there eventually (i think) i sort of wish it was a .22 as i have a huge sellection to work from in that cal.
    cheers anyways mate.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    I've previously owned a hatsan pcp in .22" and found aadf or jsb exact in 15.9 grain worked well.
    Many thanks for the reply mate i will keep those two in mind, as it is mines a .177 and i sort of wish it was a .22 as i have a huge collection of those but non of the .177 but hey ho i will eventually get bthere and let everyone know once i have it nailed

regards

Phil

enjoy your new gun bud