Thread: Your perfect sporting breakbarrel?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I know what you mean, Pete.. One of the great things about The Bash is the opportunity it presents to try other rifles out, but sometimes it's just nice to settle into your personal groove for a while and enjoy some meditative springer therapy..
    Amongst my many "to be started" projects there's a "needing final tweaks" one.......the first 99 I bought. I bought this one used, to dip my toe in the water, so to speak, after the scare stories. It's a .22. I fitted a WonkyDonky kit and it shoots absolutely sublimely. I may not have actually gone quite to town enough as regards sorting the cocking lever out, which I must get around to one day. When built I only used it on opens and believe the set-up suits the rifle's compact lines and light weight nicely. Maybe I ought to get this fettle actually finished, scope her up and bring it along; I'm sure you'd enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Same here, mate - I also have a .22 99 that requires work but I just don't get time. If I start it this morning, I may finally get it done by next September bash and we can compare them
    This feels a bit like a friendly challenge coming on, may be I need to do a 99 with a .25 flake, unless I do what Craig said at the bash and put the LGV piston I have in an 80 (but then that defeats the 99 object then) but like Craig says, I have so many other projects to finish first with so little time to do them in.
    Last edited by look no hands; 05-10-2022 at 08:10 AM.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in