Thread: Bash dates for your calendar 2023

Quote Originally Posted by leupold7 View Post
    Hello

Where will these be held (area))

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Melton Mowbray.
    Indeed. Very local for you, sir.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Awesome - I'm definitely going for 20/21 May
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

Yay!

Be fantastic to finally get to meet you. And you'll love it; promise.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by leupold7 View Post
    Hello

Where will these be held (area))

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by clipper View Post
    Awesome - I'm definitely going for 20/21 May
    Get yerselves over there lads. You couldn’t meet a more welcoming group than the Boinger Bashers
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    P.s…… Boing !
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

Nice one, Pauly.

BOING!!

Any boingery partakings this weekend, peeps?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Not me mate, Had to do a half house move on Friday including a piano now completely knackered and couldn't break wind never mind a barrel.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Yep managed to get a little bit more time rubbing the Viscount walnut stock down in between painting and helping Karen clear her mums stuff, had a coat of grain filler last night, so shall rub that down later and get some more stain on it, then the oiling can begin, Karen is away on a sewing retreat weekend in a couple of weeks, so hopefully I can polish the cylinder of the Walther and blue it (I'll see how cold bluing goes first, otherwise I'll get Nick to get it done if it looks crap) then Nick can tinker with it.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by Dornfelderliebe View Post
    Not me mate, Had to do a half house move on Friday including a piano now completely knackered and couldn't break wind never mind a barrel.
    Have yourself a little well-earned rest, sir, and you'll be boingingly bouncy again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Yep managed to get a little bit more time rubbing the Viscount walnut stock down in between painting and helping Karen clear her mums stuff, had a coat of grain filler last night, so shall rub that down later and get some more stain on it, then the oiling can begin, Karen is away on a sewing retreat weekend in a couple of weeks, so hopefully I can polish the cylinder of the Walther and blue it (I'll see how cold bluing goes first, otherwise I'll get Nick to get it done if it looks crap) then Nick can tinker with it.
    Sounds like you're managing to squeeze plenty of activity into a crammed schedule there, Pete. Nice one.
    If it were me, on a rifle of the Walther's quality, and with the other work planned, I think I'd be giving the cold blue a miss.

Put a new (to me) scope on my hw99 at the weekend and had a good plink with it, whilst I was at it got a few other rifles out for a plink too

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Sounds like you're managing to squeeze plenty of activity into a crammed schedule there, Pete. Nice one.
    If it were me, on a rifle of the Walther's quality, and with the other work planned, I think I'd be giving the cold blue a miss.
    I'll see how the cold bluing goes Tone, the thing is, I know the Walther isn't going to get a lot of use, so I'm a little reluctant to spend more money on it than I need too, I can always get it reblued properly at a later date if needed, if it was my main shooting rifle then I probably would get it done properly but I know it will only really come out at the bashes, it will only sit in the collection, if it was a proper LGV with the nicer stock then I'd consider it but it's the bland basic stock that is tatty as well.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Put a new (to me) scope on my hw99 at the weekend and had a good plink with it, whilst I was at it got a few other rifles out for a plink too
    Sounds like a very successful and enjoyable little session, Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I'll see how the cold bluing goes Tone, the thing is, I know the Walther isn't going to get a lot of use, so I'm a little reluctant to spend more money on it than I need too, I can always get it reblued properly at a later date if needed, if it was my main shooting rifle then I probably would get it done properly but I know it will only really come out at the bashes, it will only sit in the collection, if it was a proper LGV with the nicer stock then I'd consider it but it's the bland basic stock that is tatty as well.
    Understood, Sire.