Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Smk 19

Superb guns made with quality parts, well engineered, well finished, corking triggers, exceptionally accurate. What more could anyone ask for?

hiya..just looking for a bit of help as the SMK 19 is my first gun.
    wat is the difference between the smk 19 and the smk xs19??? and also with the .177 wat sort of fps does it do?? and what sort of groupings should i be getting at 25 yards? great gun at a great price i dont care where its made.

Thanks sam
    Last edited by mancmarksman; 08-02-2009 at 09:53 PM.

Hi, there is no difference, the XS19 is on english ones, in the states it is the B19. I don't know about the fps, but you should get about 10.5-11ft/lbs power. They are very accurate in the right hands, and if you change the trigger for a GRTIII trigger from CharlieDaTuna (easy to do) it will feel like a totally better gun. I also suggest you look at the uk chinese owners site. I'll find you a couple of links in a moment.

http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org/

http://charliedatuna.com/GRT-III%20T...htm#grtiiiguns

Nickpan is offline I love a lot of slippery, soapy men's bums!
    Is anybody else loving the quality of grammer in lots of these posts?
    no such words as alot or ect, and do you really want to add a second 'o' in 'lose', unless you're talking about something that isn't very tight?

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickpan View Post
    gr8 innit nick?
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Cheers litehammer. just been lukin at the gtrIII looks quality might be gettin one soon. does it really improve the guns performance as much as people say?

Quote Originally Posted by mancmarksman View Post
    Cheers litehammer. just been lukin at the gtrIII looks quality might be gettin one soon. does it really improve the guns performance as much as people say?
    Yes, it certainly does.

The XS19 looks like it is a copy of the Gamo.I had an SR2 for a few years when they first came out and mine was pretty good once i got used to it's quirks. The quality was not the best but a vast improvement to the B2. Putting my HW80 next to the SR2 you could see that the quality was not in the same league but at £139.95 you can't expect it, The SR took a battering in the rain and mud of winter and it was totally unloved. I would never bother with another but give them their due if you are lucky to get a goodun then they can be a good buy for the money.

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Nickpan View Post
    In just the same way we love your spelling.
    That's GRAMMAR. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by steveiep View Post
    In just the same way we love your spelling.
    That's GRAMMAR. LOL
    haha any advice on silencers anybody?

Ali-C is offline It looks so pretty burning
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey K View Post
    Most SMK rifles are rubbish - FACT!

Do yourself a favour, if you love shooting air rifles you'll leave Chinese guns behind in time - spend your money wisely now and you won't regret that £120you spent on a second rate springer because the £120 will have gone most of the way toward paying for a quality British or German rifle that will last a lifetime.
    I do agree with you here, I have owned a 19-18 Deluxe, the QB78 and the 79, I didn't get on with them at all. I got them cheap though, £150 for all of them. I didn't like the 19's trigger, bluing, stock, sights, all of it really. The recoil was so bad I broke my scope (Hawke Sport HD MAP, I got another, they are really good).

I hated the 78 and 79, it took all of my effort to cock it quietly, stupid spring loaded bolt. Pull it up without holding onto it properly and it comes crashing back, load a pellet, then have a fight with it to get it to go forward again!

Safe to say, I am glad I got rid of it.

Edit: Don't have a go for my grammar today, I am not feeling to well, I can't help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali-C View Post
    I do agree with you here, I have owned a 19-18 Deluxe, the QB78 and the 79, I didn't get on with them at all. I got them cheap though, £150 for all of them. I didn't like the 19's trigger, bluing, stock, sights, all of it really. The recoil was so bad I broke my scope (Hawke Sport HD MAP, I got another, they are really good).

I hated the 78 and 79, it took all of my effort to cock it quietly, stupid spring loaded bolt. Pull it up without holding onto it properly and it comes crashing back, load a pellet, then have a fight with it to get it to go forward again!

Safe to say, I am glad I got rid of it.

Edit: Don't have a go for my grammar today, I am not feeling to well, I can't help it.

They are this horrible until you do something with them. Mine now cocks very near silent with no effort at all, even with a shimmed hammer spring.

The 19 is a great gun but bears all the same problems with all SMK guns. Poor trigger, poor lubrication, average bluing. Saying this the XS ranges do tend to have very nice stocks. They are very very lively and like all chinese guns need some work to smooth them out.

Lewis
    Air Arms S400 Carbine .177 - JSR 3-9x40IR p/x

QB78 Deluxe .177 - Simmons 8 point 3-9x40

Quote Originally Posted by smsguitarist View Post
    They are this horrible until you do something with them. Mine now cocks very near silent with no effort at all, even with a shimmed hammer spring.

The 19 is a great gun but bears all the same problems with all SMK guns. Poor trigger, poor lubrication, average bluing. Saying this the XS ranges do tend to have very nice stocks. They are very very lively and like all chinese guns need some work to smooth them out.

Lewis
    But then again you would say that owning two SMK. LOL
    Is it worth messing about with them, you might aswell buy the genuine item than messing around with a cheap copy?

Here's my B26-2, it was bought in Texas, USA, and delivered to my door for £116. I have lube tuned it, and fitted a Maccari tuning kit. I then shortened and recrowned the barrel, added a bit of bling, and it now shoots vey accurately at 11.28ft/lbs.

PS. It was putting out 16+ft/lbs when I got it.

http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/o...1/BAMB26-2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by uk litehammer View Post
    Here's my B26-2, it was bought in Texas, USA, and delivered to my door for £116. I have lube tuned it, and fitted a Maccari tuning kit. I then shortened and recrowned the barrel, added a bit of bling, and it now shoots vey accurately at 11.28ft/lbs.

PS. It was putting out 16+ft/lbs when I got it.

http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/o...1/BAMB26-2.jpg
    Well i guessed you answered my question and it looks pretty good!!!!
    What was the completed cost though? But then again we all throw money at our favourite gun whether it is worth it or not!!!!!!
    I know i do

Kev