Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Smk 19

Quote Originally Posted by FORTUITOUS KENNETH View Post
    You think?

I took it totally apart. All internals polished and relubed. Spring guides and top hat made and fitted. Trigger totally stripped, ground and repolished. Stock drilled and lead weights fitted to improve balance. Shooting within 5 ft/sec. Sod all recoil. Trigger sweet as anything. Still wouldn't hit a barn door at ten yards! Seriously, it was doing 6" groups at 20 yds. I rest my case.
    It probably had a bent barrel, 'cos the rest of it was doing ok. Doesn't matter how much your gun costs if it's got a bent barrel on it.

Quote Originally Posted by uk litehammer View Post
    It probably had a bent barrel, 'cos the rest of it was doing ok. Doesn't matter how much your gun costs if it's got a bent barrel on it.
    That was the conclusion I came to. I even renewed the locking catch and shimmed the pivot in case they were loose. And yes, I did try more than 1 scope.

My '19 is very choosy with pellets. Which ones did you use?
    Iv'e tried quite a few and at 25 yards, AA field, accupel, Superdome and even Bisley Practice group better than 2" and i'm a fairly new shooter!
    SMK Z19 .22, BAM B40 .22,
    SMK XS78 .22 PCP, SMK QB78DL .177 PCP &
    AA S410 .177. http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org

Quote Originally Posted by focusteve View Post
    My '19 is very choosy with pellets. Which ones did you use?
    Iv'e tried quite a few and at 25 yards, AA field, accupel, Superdome and even Bisley Practice group better than 2" and i'm a fairly new shooter!
    Ah, that might be it then. It could be me. I too only have limited experience of a couple of decades, and I'm probably too fussy myself, never mind the pellets. I tend to blame the equipment if I can't get 1" groups at 50 yds. The idea of trying different pellets is a new one on me. I really must try it sometime.

Good post steve,yes indeed pellet selection does play a part in
    the smk 19's performance, some will do better with one,and another will do rubbish with the same (iv'e had 3 smk 19's )it's these tips that can defeat even
    the old hands amongst us
    a bad work man always blames his tools,
    squeeze it,don't pull it ken,
    go figure.
    I didn't think this thread would do as well as it has done.

You may be right, but it's my tool, and I'll pull it as much as I like, and squeeze it as often as I like.

I think all these little known tips are great. It makes coming on here so worthwhile.
    Last edited by LESS THAN FORTUITOUS KENNETH; 01-04-2009 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FORTUITOUS KENNETH View Post
    You may be right, but it's my tool, and I'll pull it as much as I like, and squeeze it as often as I like.

I think all these little known tips are great. It makes coming on here so worthwhile.
    Christ almighty! What a misrable old cock! I hope your not married fella, i wouldn't want any woman to have to listen to that kind of sarcasm all day!
    And here was i, just trying to help! Unbelievable!

Very sorry, but my sarcasm comes from years of experience. There are those who listen and learn from experience, and then there are others who know better.

Your absolutley right mate! What was i thinking? Excuse my inexperienced impudence oh great one! Forgive me for trying to help, i should've known better. I'll come back in twenty years or so, if you'll let me.

Your absolutley right mate! What was i thinking? Excuse my inexperienced impudence oh great one! Forgive me for trying to help, i should've known better. I'll come back in twenty years or so, if you'll let me.
    Why bother deleting your last little spat. You're probably right in what you said. It's just that Chinese guns really do my chump in. They bring the worst out in me. I just find it confusing and disheartening when someone comparatively new to the game extols the virtues of what are possibly the worst guns in the world, due to the fact they have never experienced anything better, and then refuse to listen to people who have had greater experience of trying to polish one of these turds. Anyway, advice is for those who take it.

I'm well aware of, and have shot plenty of, superior guns out there because of my membership of my local range. And i completely agree that the quality of my gun does not stack up against them. It does seem a shame that Chinese guns get you all riled up though because at my current level in this game they are good enough for me and i can honestly say that some of the AA, Theoben, Daystate owners seem fairly impressed when i hit the same long range targets that they do. Maybe they're just being kind, eh?
    By the way, i'm all for taking advice given in the right manor.

No hard feelings, eh? After all, the last thing the BBS needs is another argument!

No hard feelings, eh? After all, the last thing the BBS needs is another argument!
    God forbid THAT ever happening.
    Weihrauch B&C HW95K, B&C HW35K, BAM B26-2 venoman custom, QB78 DL custom.
    You ain't so big, you jus' tall, tha's all.
    http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by uk litehammer View Post
    God forbid THAT ever happening.
    ah dont you just love the bbs
    well my xs19 shoots pucker straight from the box over 50 yards and sometimes better than more expensive air rifles, aint broken yet or been sent back to shop unlike my mates £800 daystate.
    so im happy with my chinky rifle and i dont feel the need to slate any other makes.
    if you got a springer that cost 3 times what mine did come say hello at broomhills in beds and we can have some friendly comp.

Big up the Biggy! Hows it goin' fella?

Like Litehammer said, arguements and shall we say "differing opinions" are all part of the fun on here as you will find out if you stay tuned in. Just as long as it doesn't get abusive.

I'll have a little bet with you. If you keep up the shooting hobby, I'll bet your not still shooting a Chinese gun 12 months down the line. Some may argue they are a good starter gun. I think they may put many people off for life, especially if they drop on a particularly bad one. Just my opinion like.