Thread: 20 Calibre saves a lot of hassle discuss

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxrman View Post
    Not really anti .20, I just don't see the point as they don't fly as flat, or hit as hard and generally they are the two reasons for choosing either .177 or .22.
    Bet you have note pads and drawings of different trajectories and either aim points or adjustments on scope for every rig.
    Carrying all that kit sounds slow, laborious and tedious.
    I take my rifle, and I know every adjustment as its all I use. Like instinct or auto pilot. By the time you set yourself up, get comfy, range the quarry, adjust or settle with an aim point Id have shot half a dozen rabbits. What do you do when your quarry moves, range again and again and again, or if you have a .22 or .25 and quarry goes out to 40m+.
    .177 out to 50-55 is all ya need, whether it be airgun quarry or FT/HFT, it does it all and well. Runners with a .177, ya missing a vital period, bigger pellet and more power doesn't help, you still missed a vital, = wounded animal. Maybe not for long but still suffering. Shame we aren't closer to each other, then I could show you first hand how clinical my rig is, like I have done many times before.
    Tools should go .177, .22LR or .17HMR, .243.

.20 -
    As well as being the best all round Uk power caliber it saves so much hassle
    You can set a springer at 11.4 with FTT and a pcp same with jsb and not have to worry some new silly super pellet will send velocity all over the shop.
    All you need is one good accurate dome head anyway which those two always are :

Discuss -
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    .20 -
    As well as being the best all round Uk power caliber it saves so much hassle
    You can set a springer at 11.4 with FTT and a pcp same with jsb and not have to worry some new silly super pellet will send velocity all over the shop.
    All you need is one good accurate dome head anyway which those two always are :

Discuss -
    Errr No.
    VAYA CON DIOS