Thread: Nikko Stirling Diamond Long Range 30mm 10-40x56

Nikko Stirling Diamond Long Range 30mm 10-40x56

Looking for a new scope, and for the price new these have caught my eye.....

https://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/ni...dot-riflescope

Bigger Nikko/Falcon are out of my budget, will be used for FT and the lower powered Hawke I currently have kept on second rifle for HFT

Any known problems? Is there a reason that for similar spec they are so much cheaper than comparably specced Nikko/Falcon? I've used the thread search and can only find sales posts

Last time I looked through one they were terrible, like looking through the bottom of a milk bottle.
    You dont need massive mag just quality glass that delivers that in/out focus.
    I would suggest a better quality used scope.
    Leopold, Burris or Bausch & Lomb maybe, and 32x is generally enough with practice.
    VAYA CON DIOS

I have had one of these for a couple of years now and use it on a pcp at an indoor range out to 50 odd yds. I generally don't go above 32 mag' with it and it's fine. For me the glass isn't quite as clear as my 24x Sidewinder. Two negatives I do have are;

1, The turret adjustment system takes some getting used to.

2, When on 10x the bottom of the tube can be seen when looking through it and no matter what I do with my eye relief, it stays there (this may or may not be down to my eyes).

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    I have had one of these for a couple of years now and use it on a pcp at an indoor range out to 50 odd yds. I generally don't go above 32 mag' with it and it's fine. For me the glass isn't quite as clear as my 24x Sidewinder. Two negatives I do have are;

1, The turret adjustment system takes some getting used to.

2, When on 10x the bottom of the tube can be seen when looking through it and no matter what I do with my eye relief, it stays there (this may or may not be down to my eyes).
    Adjustable mounts get rid of that so do MOA machined rails...or packi g the tube on the rear mount with tape layers.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

General consensus would appear to be a no to the Nikko! Sidewinders do appear to be very popular, my main 'wants' are accurate range finding and adjustable elevation turret

Advice to date has been high mag for range finding, I've never used turrets to dial scope in before, just judged distance and held over/under so both concepts are new to me!

Well 3 or 4 years ago my RFD had me compare the 4-16 model NS to another scope without letting me see the brands & I chose the Diamond long range as clearer than what turned out to be a Nightforce around 6x the price

all our eyes are different & the only way to know if it suits yours is to try it.

Optics Warehouse do a 60 day "SOG" (scope out guarantee) which gives you a couple of months to try it out and if it's not right for you, you can exchange it for another scope. This is on top of their standard 14 day returns policy.
    Looking at the ad' it says there is only 1 in stock so if you want to try it out be quick.
    Last edited by gtfreight; 16-06-2021 at 12:51 AM.