Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: MTC Optics viper 4x16x50

Thumbs up Viper finish

Finish could be better, black started coming off both mine after only a few weeks. Optics are just great though I suppose you cant have perfection for the price.

Overall a very good scope
    Sako 85 Varmint stainless .308win-Tikka T3 Varmint .223rem.-Sako Quad varmint .17hmr- Beretta 682 gold E--Browning T-bolt .22lr-Anchutz 1417.22lr-Benelli M2 12g 7+1- Marlin 1864c .357mag- Daystate Airwolf .177- Daystate Mk3 .20

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit_richard View Post
    Got my 6x24x56 viper today and i can see straight away why people are buying these scopes , not only for the quality but for the service from MTC SCOPES , TOP CLASS . Like the scope a lot Gary
    the scope has nothing to do with gary its sammie

Airbrush Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepperdog View Post
    Finish could be better, black started coming off both mine after only a few weeks. Optics are just great though I suppose you cant have perfection for the price.

Overall a very good scope
    Agree,but it gives it that authentic military look to match the styling.

Andy.

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club

Thumbs up

Went put tonight shooting bunnies with the mfr,all I'am gona say is that this is one damm good scope.

Thumbs down mtc scope

every body goes on about these scopes ,but nobody mentions about the
    turrets say 1/8 clicks ,so why is it marked up on the turret 1 to 2 etc four clicks and same for windage,
    when it should be 8 clicks or as nobody noticest this yet.
    the turrets are marked in correct ,and paying this for a scope surely
    they should be marked up correctly.i phoned them up about this did not get
    no answers,so sent mine back to the shop got complete refund.
    i do long range shooting so this is no good to when all the time you have to
    remember to double every thing. this my own opinion.
    bob64

Quote Originally Posted by bob64 View Post
    every body goes on about these scopes ,but nobody mentions about the
    turrets say 1/8 clicks ,so why is it marked up on the turret 1 to 2 etc four clicks and same for windage,
    when it should be 8 clicks or as nobody noticest this yet.
    the turrets are marked in correct ,and paying this for a scope surely
    they should be marked up correctly.i phoned them up about this did not get
    no answers,so sent mine back to the shop got complete refund.
    i do long range shooting so this is no good to when all the time you have to
    remember to double every thing. this my own opinion.
    bob64
    So when you dial in you look EVERYTIME to see how many clicks to the inch I shoot long range and even though I never dial it in I think I could remember how many clicks to the inch

Superb ret for long range shooting, I am glad the new Mambas have low turrets though as the Vipers do tend to take a lot of room up in cabinet, especially when you have several rifles fitted with them, and if you dont dial in theres no point in having such nice target turrets
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

Gary C Guest
    How bizarre

Great scope, great optics and a bloke comes on and rants about the turret numbering system. We have had a few queries on this, and when I checked the manufacturer has designed it a little oddly.
    However the other guys had enough nous to work with it and were very happy.
    Most folk seemed to want to turn to a number not count the clicks so it wasn't an issue. The turret is of course numbered.

Still. Obviously worth a rant I guess because I couldn't wave a magic wand and change it.

Are the optics on the Mamba different (apart from magnification) to those on the Viper? Need a new scope for my Rapid!
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by C3PO_1 View Post
    Are the optics on the Mamba different (apart from magnification) to those on the Viper? Need a new scope for my Rapid!
    same mate, just lighter and low profile turrets

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    same mate, just lighter and low profile turrets
    Ok thanks ... how would you say the optics compare with a Bushnell Legend, as this is my favourite scope right now....
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by C3PO_1 View Post
    Ok thanks ... how would you say the optics compare with a Bushnell Legend, as this is my favourite scope right now....
    Not for me to say mate. Come to the Midland and take a look

Gary away from scopes for a mo, you say "better a Gypsy then a Dinlo," whats a Dinlo when its at home ,cause thats a new one on me.

Gary C Guest
    Means an F'ing idiot Costas. Couple of the best 'uns on here are Romani and I'm fed up with my mates getting ripped by half wits
    Last edited by Gary C; 20-08-2007 at 02:53 PM.

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD MARK View Post
    PLEASE PUT ME RIGHT IF IM WRONG BUT THE TURRET NUMBERS I FIND VERY GOOD AS I SET MY ZERO TO 40 YARDS SET THE TURRET TO ZERO THEN I WORK OUT HOW MENY CLICKS TO 30 AND 50 YARDS MARK IT WITH TIPEX.JUST MY WAY OF MAKING USE OF THEM
    That's way too easy Mark.
    I can't see too much of a problem but then each to their own

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Means an F'ing idiot Costas. Couple of the best 'uns on here are Romani and I'm fed up with my mates getting ripped by half wits

Okaa I'am with ya.