Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
The rifle arrived today, its a 1991 model in quite good shape.
The hook on the trigger that limits its travel out of the trigger cage was the broken part. I fixed it with some wire from a broken BSA meteor sear spring, which was glued in place with cyanoacrylate after melting a track for the wire in the plastic part- success!

I glued the rear guide back together, assembled the miss-assembled trigger mechanism, cleared a 3mm ball bearing from the 30 year old piston seal, lubed the piston seal with some anschutz gleitfett, put some JM moly paste on the piston skirt and lubed the spring up with a little CV-joint grease.

The gun shoots, and although the shotcycle is fast and the gun does not vibrate very much, it still proves that the earlier short stroked and softer sprung D34 is a much better gun than the later D34!
That looks like a strong job metal triggers for a T01 are so rare T R Robb made one once but I cant remember where the one in the picture came from, it might be Terry Robbs.

Also my old 34 was so nice to shoot but there are a few things you might want to check on yours, check that the TP is in line with the bore and make sure the metal faces match with the breech face cylinder to avoid any breech leaks, also a piston sleeve can make a difference the one in the pic is a old 45.

I expect you know all this but I thought that I would mention it anyway