Thread: PP700W pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by buttloaves View Post
    Ive said this before, if SMK could deliver this gun with plastic stock, slightly longer barrel, sub 12fpe, under £300 they'd have a winner..

Butt loaves did you have to do much alteration to make it fit the crosman stock? I have made a thumb hole stock for my .22 it helps to give it good accuracy, it is far superior to the small brocock rifle That I got rid of.Infact I would say it's better than quite a few rifles that I have had, so simple and easy to work on. Thankfully I had an air cylinder otherwise these pistols would have passed me by, they have reignited my fun button.

Has anyone found out if it's possible to adapt iron sights to fit this pistol?
    If so, I would buy one in an instant.

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    You can certainly fit a rear sight, you need one that uses a dovetail to fit. I had one on my 2240- think it was off a weihrauch.

The front sight is a slight headscratcher, but, as there is a void at the front of the barrel shroud, you could drill and tap a hole in it and fit a threaded rod in it. Adjust the rod height to suit and loctite it in place.

http://www.gmaccustomparts.com/epage...ectID=14935663

I'm sure he could make one a bit longer so you can trim it to the optimum height
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    This has held back a lot of purchases, why they did not include optional/removable front/rear sights seems bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Waisted View Post
    Butt loaves did you have to do much alteration to make it fit the crosman stock? I have made a thumb hole stock for my .22 it helps to give it good accuracy, it is far superior to the small brocock rifle That I got rid of.Infact I would say it's better than quite a few rifles that I have had, so simple and easy to work on. Thankfully I had an air cylinder otherwise these pistols would have passed me by, they have reignited my fun button.
    It was fairly easy, i wrapped the pistol grip with masking tape and filled it with black epoxy resin, then i drilled a 22mm hole down into it to take the spring housing of the pistol, after that it was just a case of slotting the 2 together and removing plastic where necessary with a dremel untill i got it where it felt right.
    Snot perfect but it'll do and it's very solid..

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    Is anyone doing a proper little custom carbine stock for these yet?? Got to be a bit of a market for a proper solution?
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Quote Originally Posted by paul4be View Post
    Is anyone doing a proper little custom carbine stock for these yet?? Got to be a bit of a market for a proper solution?
    I'm doing one at the moment. It's taking a bit of thinking about bit is more then doable..

Iv had the longer barrel made and screw cut to take a silencer (pic further up) so will be rifle size once it's done

As amateur of interest I have fixed the iron sighs of a HW 99 on my .177 700 , the front sight I resin bonded and the rear sight I am currently making a block for the 99 site to sit on. On a good note there should be plenty of 99 iron sights available.