Thread: Preparation for lead ban

Preparation for lead ban

I just had a productive morning turning loads of donated water pipes and flashing into around a hundred one pound bars of lovely soft lead. Tomorrow I might transmute some of it into gold (or Green) and go on holiday.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
    I just had a productive morning turning loads of donated water pipes and flashing into around a hundred one pound bars of lovely soft lead. Tomorrow I might transmute some of it into gold (or Green) and go on holiday.
    Is that all?
    I have 350kg of soft lead and nearly 200kg of linotype! - Beat that, lol

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyrog View Post
    Is that all?
    I have 350kg of soft lead and nearly 200kg of linotype! - Beat that, lol
    Well we know where to send the anti lead Stazi now!

(I neither admit or deny the fact that here in the Valleys when all the lead water pipes were replaced the lads here kept the lead and have since given LOTS to me!)
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Well we know where to send the anti lead Stazi now!

(I neither admit or deny the fact that here in the Valleys when all the lead water pipes were replaced the lads here kept the lead and have since given LOTS to me!)

Use it soon the Health & Safety Executive Lead ammo ban is closing in fast

While the possibility of a lead ban exists it is not a foregone conclusion yet. You seem to be giving up too easily.
    It is the EU that wants the lead ban. The Tory Government want to impliment the same ban under the guise of the HSE.
    We are in fact still under the control of the EU. BREXIT gave the Government the right to change existing EU legilslation IF it wants to and can refuse new laws from the EU IF it wants to.

If it had not been for the introduction of central heating most of us would still be drinking water coming through lead pipes.
    This is NOT an environment issue it is a disarmament policy.

FACE has launched a legal challenge to this. If they win and the EU cannot ban lead will the UK Government continue with the ban? I think they will that is why they are hiding behind the HSE.

It is possible that our the Gun Trade Association may launch a legal challenge as well, along with everyone else in the trade affected by this.

The EU also wants to classify lead as "Substance of high concern" If that comes in it will mean no one in Europe including the Uk will be allowed to possess lead. Historical ammunition collections will have to be handed in and sea fishing weights will be banned, so it is imperative that this draconian ban is challenged.

Liz Truss reckons she will chuck out all EU rules if she becomes PM.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Liz Truss reckons she will chuck out all EU rules if she becomes PM.
    I found a copy of a letter sent out defending the use of lead shot. I'll e-mail it to you it might be of interest.

Atb.

Certainly supportive but written in 2016 and plenty of time for politicians to change their tune.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Lead Ban???

I recieved a questionaire regarding shooting and the use of lead from NSRA last week, My feelings are that the more of us shooters who answer these things the more likely our voice will be heard.
    However I did stress a point that due to the cost of lead ball and we BP shooters being what we are, the majority of us pick up our lead from the buttstop at end of shooting each time and take it home to recycle into more ball for us to reuse.
    Hence the 90% recovery of spent lead which the EU were wanting to enforce is easily reached any time I go shooting a BP Gun.
    I also questioned what might be the thoughts for people who collect old cartridges, maybe a box or two of any said calibre which has a far greater collector value than would be seen by shooting it so not a chance of it being fired and entering any water course.
    Try this link for NSRA Position Statement
    https:/www.nsra.co.uk/index.php/news/3798-nsra-statement-on-the-proposals-from-hse-regarding-lead-(ammunition)
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil