Thread: Simmons Whitetail Classic 1.5-5x20

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet boy View Post
    Cant see a BSA Supersport wrecking a WTC scope tho-can you,if it can take the recoil off a 30-06??
    Read Oddbob's post above. He's right. The absolute recoil displacement of the 3006 is obviously much greater, as is the recoil velocity it reaches. But it's the g-force, the violence with which it accelerates, that shocks the optics. In some springers this can exceed magnum firearms - especially because it changes direction when the piston bottoms.

It may be that the little WTC is OK with a springer, but a 3006'll never prove it so.

Regards,
    MikB
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

Quote Originally Posted by MikB View Post
    It may be that the little WTC is OK with a springer, but a 3006'll never prove it so.
    Regards,
    MikB
    Send one over to me and I'll pop it on a .50cal. and prove it for you

John

Just put one on a HW77 it's a smashing little scope. It gives a clear image even at extremely short distances, just what I needed for my tiny attic range. As a bonus, the granite finish looks superb.

On the question of 'airgun rated' it is true that the action of a springer or rammer is more damaging than from a centrefire rifle but I would still claim on the warranty if anything went wrong. It never has with me using any quality scope even on the Eliminator which is the most scope-unfriendly rifle I own. On that particular rifle I use the Simmons Pro Air 6-18x40 but a lifetime warranty is a lifetime warranty and will be honoured providing you can produce the documentation that originally came with the scope. The problem of course is that the Simmons Pro Air and WTC ranges have been discontinued so lord knows what scope they would give you if you did claim.
    As far as the 1.5-5x20 is concerned it is a fantastic little scope but sadly doesn't have enough mag for me so I use the Simmons WTC 3.5-10x40- which is quite a bit smaller and lighter than its big brother the 3.5-10x50-when compact size and weight is required. As I said in a previous post, I reckon the absolute best of the current generation of compact scopes is probably the Bushnell Elite 2-7x32 mildot. Lots out there to choose from so there should be something to suit us all!
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

WTC alternative (more mag)

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    On the question of 'airgun rated' it is true that the action of a springer or rammer is more damaging than from a centrefire rifle but I would still claim on the warranty if anything went wrong. It never has with me using any quality scope even on the Eliminator which is the most scope-unfriendly rifle I own. On that particular rifle I use the Simmons Pro Air 6-18x40 but a lifetime warranty is a lifetime warranty and will be honoured providing you can produce the documentation that originally came with the scope. The problem of course is that the Simmons Pro Air and WTC ranges have been discontinued so lord knows what scope they would give you if you did claim.
    As far as the 1.5-5x20 is concerned it is a fantastic little scope but sadly doesn't have enough mag for me so I use the Simmons WTC 3.5-10x40- which is quite a bit smaller and lighter than its big brother the 3.5-10x50-when compact size and weight is required. As I said in a previous post, I reckon the absolute best of the current generation of compact scopes is probably the Bushnell Elite 2-7x32 mildot. Lots out there to choose from so there should be something to suit us all!
    Totally agree that WTC is the dawgs dangles, but i need more power! Love the look of the WTC also and sport one on my Phoniex mkII. Been looking into a similar scope but with more mag power for the Harrier...saw the Rhino 2.5-10x26 in Airgun World - anyone seen/ used one?
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'

Brilliant scopes for the money!
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

I have been using one on my rimfire and am happy with it's performance. Struck a deal with PALLADIN for a second one this morning as I intend using it on my Mauser .30-06

Does anyone have a link to this scopes specifications - FOV, adjustment range, etc.?

Thanks.

Rustam

P.S.: I think I read somewhere that they are fully multi-coated. Is this true?
    Last edited by Rustam Bana; 11-11-2009 at 06:45 AM.