Thread: Bushnell Elite 6500 Review

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ady is offline To thine own self be true
    Quote Originally Posted by jagxkrs View Post
    Oh dear In the first pick the turrets have there screw on covers on, in the second they don't hope this helps
    Sorry but I seriously am toying with buying one. Its a lot of money.
    I don't have the convenience of knowing someone that has one for me to look at.
    I think the proper turrets just look huge and cumbersome yet don't want to spend that sort of money and regret making the wrong choice

That's why I ask the question. I thought that was what the board was for.
    To help others and seek help & advice when needed.

I didn't appreciate the "oh dear "
    Sorry I asked. I'll be more careful what I ask in future and continue to struggle & find the info on my own, rather than risk getting belittled.

OK you did tell me the pic of the markings had the covers removed. makes sense now. but when zeroed can I move the outer ring with markings so my zero line up with the 0 on the dial.

You were so quick to give a flippant answer with a 'put down tone' you didn't really answer my question properly. did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ady-uk View Post
    Sorry but I seriously am toying with buying one. Its a lot of money.
    I don't have the convenience of knowing someone that has one for me to look at.
    I think the proper turrets just look huge and cumbersome yet don't want to spend that sort of money and regret making the wrong choice

That's why I ask the question. I thought that was what the board was for.
    To help others and seek help & advice when needed.

I didn't appreciate the "oh dear " Never mind eh
    Sorry I asked. I'll be more careful what I ask in future and continue to struggle & find the info on my own, rather than risk getting belittled.I'm sure you'll recover

OK you did tell me the pic of the markings had the covers removed. makes sense now. but when zeroed can I move the outer ring with markings so my zero line up with the 0 on the dial. Yes although not all of the 6500's have the multiple marks some have a single centre mark

You were so quick to give a flippant answer with a 'put down tone' you didn't really answer my question properly. did you?
    Sorry your so easily offended, this is actually the review section so its not often you get questions but to answer yours see above. And had you come back with something other than an arsy attitude I might have been willing to meet up when I'm in your area next week and show you the difference on both of mine
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"

My 2.5-16x42 is orsm

has anybody compared these side by side with some of the top end scopes such as schmidt and bender, swarovski, zeiss etc as its about half the price of these and all the great reviews its getting it almost seems to good to be true, is it really worth forking out double the money for better brand names?

Quote Originally Posted by ormondprop View Post
    has anybody compared these side by side with some of the top end scopes such as schmidt and bender, swarovski, zeiss etc as its about half the price of these and all the great reviews its getting it almost seems to good to be true, is it really worth forking out double the money for better brand names?
    I bought the 2.5x16x42 and used it, I then sold my MK4 Leup and bought another Bushnell These scopes are the dogs dangly bits if they suit your eyes
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"

i'm dyin to get the likes of a schmidt 4-16x50 or a zeiss 6-24x56 but the 4.5-30x50 seems to have everything they have, and more magnification so maybe they are not as clear but is it really worth double the price for this? they look great but i haven't looked through one yet, why do they not suit some peoples eye's? i'd love to here from somebody who has one and a schmidt or zeiss

ormondprop, i have done what you say
    bearing in mind that noone else is doing the mag range, so it is impossible to do the 6500 justice (yes i know swaro are now doing a 4-30 but it's £2000)
    I have compared my 2.5-16 and 4.5-30 with Swaro ph 4-16, 6-24. Also Weaver Grand Slams, Elite 4200, Nikon Monarch
    The 6500 are the equal of any of the top scopes mentioned such as the monarch/grand slam, which is amazing comsidering the mag range. They are not as sharp and bright as the swaros at the top end, not even close.
    If i had the money, i'd be buying the swaro z6i series, but at 4x the £ it is diminishing returns in a big way.
    6500 series the best performance for the money i've ever seen
    Marksmanship = Accuracy, Consistency, Observation and a little of The Force
    SharpshootingUK www.sharpshootinguk.com