Thread: Hawke Vantage 30WA ir 3-9x42

Hawke Vantage 30WA ir 3-9x42

This is the scope Hawke supplied as a replacement for my Endurance 30 which went wrong.

A nice basic 3-9x42 with red/green ir, fixed focus at 100yds ideal on a Deer/Fox rifle.
    It has the Marksman 223/308 multi aimpoint ret, zero at 100yds 9x mag, & it has 200-600 marked every 100yds,
    with the .243 presets from Hawke shown below.
    https://i.postimg.cc/BtN6sbZP/223-30...e-on-a-243.jpg

So far I'm very happy with it, glass is crisp, clean & clear, the fast focus ocular is superb & the turrets nice & firm with a good solid click, & resettable zero.
    Although fixed focus, up to 5x it works very well with my Ward 800 add-on NV, so gives me a good day & night foxing/daytime deer outfit.

Thank you, I have the very same scope which I may use on my WMR or .222 Rem, not decided which yet.

Is that the Hawke smartphone app that you use?

No, I don't have a smartphone
    I got that direct from Hawke when I asked if the ret matched a .243 profile.
    I don't know if Hawke support any current ballistic programs.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    No, I don't have a smartphone
    I got that direct from Hawke when I asked if the ret matched a .243 profile.
    I don't know if Hawke support any current ballistic programs.
    Thank You, I may drop them a line then and see if they will do something similar for .22 WMR and .222 Rem.

Quote Originally Posted by Portzy View Post
    Thank You, I may drop them a line then and see if they will do something similar for .22 WMR and .222 Rem.
    I've got Chairgun Pro on my PC and can create scope caps.
    I can't insert the image here but have run a prediction for a 52gn bullet, BC .247 at 3120fps, scope centre 1.5" above the bore centre and can send you the figures for each aim point.

Quote Originally Posted by pothunter View Post
    I've got Chairgun Pro on my PC and can create scope caps.
    I can't insert the image here but have run a prediction for a 52gn bullet, BC .247 at 3120fps, scope centre 1.5" above the bore centre and can send you the figures for each aim point.
    Hey up mate! Nice to hear from you and we must have a meet up at Brands when you get a chance?

Yes please, that would be dead handy