Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zlotystok Black Powder

Yep, worked fine in my MH and ROA. Nice glazed graphite coated granules of consistent size. I've not chrono'd them, but subjectively shots were crisp and consistent feeling. Shot accurately in both though the MH is new to me and and I'm still in load development mode. No more fouling than other powders and were were easy to clean. Verdict, I will buy more.

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    Yep, worked fine in my MH and ROA. Nice glazed graphite coated granules of consistent size. I've not chrono'd them, but subjectively shots were crisp and consistent feeling. Shot accurately in both though the MH is new to me and and I'm still in load development mode. No more fouling than other powders and were were easy to clean. Verdict, I will buy more.
    cheers.....many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    cheers.....many thanks
    I bought mine, A Kilo of Swiss 1 equivalent and a smaller tub of OB equivalent. I have used it in my Cannon, a .69" Ardesa 'Old Ironsides' (60 grains) and also a .32" Single Shot Underhammer (9.5 grains).
    Both worked well, in my opinion there is a very slight change in the recoil, particularly the cannon, not particularly noticeable with the pistol. I have noticed that funnels, vials, fingers etc get dirtier (dust?) but it's Black Powder after all!

As yet I haven't used the priming powder as I still have a bit of Swiss left, however I would expect it to work well, it's certainly fine enough! Traditionally I have used a powdered dryer in my priming powder but will try the Zlotystok without it.

Would I buy it again? Most definitely yes.