Somewhere around 2014 I had stopped hunting with firearms and exchanged my guns for a new light weight Cometa fusion 5.5mm air rifle. This Cometa was equipped with a gas ram. I had fallen for the look. But because this rifle had no open sights, only a scope could be placed on it. Personally, I don't like scopes and the rifle ended up in the weapon cabinet. Until recently. The gas ram had halved in strength after 8 years. Took this out and did put in a new HW spring. I made a precision guide rod from aluminum to keep the noise down. Removed the ugly top hat of the barrel. That cannot possibly have been conceived by the designer, but rather by a boss who wanted to push his idea through. Really a detriment to such a nice gun. Because my eyes are no longer as sharp at close range, a peep sight still works well for me. Installed and adjusted self made sights. The rifle groups insanely well. That can't be otherwise because of the hammered barrel. The trigger still had to be adjusted, but after all these years, after all the adjustments, I am super satisfied with it finally!