Thread: Chronograph

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If paying around £150 or upwards, Just get a Skan,

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    If paying around £150 or upwards, Just get a Skan,
    The problem with Skan is that they are big, not portable, cost well over £200 for the base model, and if you want to track your shots or make a graph with them via email for example then you have to start looking at the £375 model and get a laptop!

Performance wise they are great, practicality and affordability wise they are crap, which means they are only really suitable to be kept in a fixed location and used by a club/tuner, as there are far more appropriate Chronos out there for a fraction of the money if it's just for checking your own gun now and then
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    The problem with Skan is that they are big, not portable, cost well over £200 for the base model, and if you want to track your shots or make a graph with them via email for example then you have to start looking at the £375 model and get a laptop!

Performance wise they are great, practicality and affordability wise they are crap, which means they are only really suitable to be kept in a fixed location and used by a club/tuner, as there are far more appropriate Chronos out there for a fraction of the money if it's just for checking your own gun now and then
    Yes understand what you say but ideally a crono is to check your power in most cases, Normally you would check the power at home , At least that way if it's over you can rectify it, If someone wanted a portable one I would say look at something different, Myself at just over £200 I would not look at anything else around the £150 price range , It would not make sence unless obviously wanting to go portable for some reason, The skan normally sell around the £150 second hand so you won't loose a great lot of cash a few years later, I'm thinking of base use and your thinking of portable use, Depends what the buyer wants will be the deciding factor,

ive the combro cb625 brilliant for pcp not that good with springerd.
    and i have the fx but not being a tech fobe can be hard for me to understand using it with phone

Another vote for the LMBR, i've had mine a year and works every time, in every type of lighting condition.

Used by the UKAHFT too.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

I've got a Skan, a Combro, an LMBR and until recently a Caldwell. I only ever use the LMBR.

Alan
    Last edited by Archer50; 12-12-2022 at 05:43 PM.