Thread: Hawke Customer Service - Very Good

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    From Hawke's UK website...

The Hawke No Fault Lifetime Warranty does not cover loss, theft, deliberate damage or cosmetic damage that does not hinder the performance of the product. Occasionally we may replace your product with an equivalent of equal or better physical condition. Hawke’s No Fault Warranty applies only to products purchased after January, 1 2018. Items purchased prior to January 1, 2018 are covered under Hawke’s original warranty, see your instruction booklet for details. Applies to the original owner only. Please retain your purchase receipt or you can register your purchase here.

The way I read that is the newer stuff has a lifetime warranty and maybe it's the pre-2018 stuff that has a 10 year warranty (which I believe was an EU directive).
    The old one, in the only booklet I have, (2015 scope) has the bold title "Hawke Lifetime Warranty"

Subject to the limitations noted below. Hawke guarantees this product to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the original owner. (The warranty is legally limited to 10 years within Europe)
    If your Hawke product is found to have defects in materials or workmanship, we will repair or, if repair is not possible, replace the product with an equivalent.

The fact that in bold Capital letters it says "LIFETIME WARRANTY" as a heading to me strongly implies that they are saying 'the law limits warranty to 10 years but we still give our the original owner a LIFETIME warranty.

If the limit is 10 years then the headline title should be "Hawke 10 year Warranty" and the word "Lifetime" should not be used to mislead the customer.

Anyway that's by the by,
    the fact that their idea of warranty service has become force the customer to buy a replacement from them or get nothing,
    is a monumental let down & about face from the excellent service that they gained their reputation from.
    Last edited by angrybear; 26-10-2021 at 10:51 AM.