Thread: Summer bash 2024 3rd and 4th August

Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post

Hopefully thats worked
    Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post
    Just in case, boing

YAY!

You can't have too many Boingy GIFS.

Thank you, chaps.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Smile Sleepometer says

76 to go, peeps.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    To make this Bash different maybe we should all bring a PCP
    I should have a couple of PCP's nailed back together by August, I'll bring them along for a change.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Filth, utter filth, to the stocks with ye.
    Then it'll be the Fart gun bash
    Careful !

All types of legal power plants are welcome, nothing is frowned upon.

It’s not all about the airguns. A big part of people returning time and again is the friendship, camaraderie, common interest and the great fun we have whether it be shooting guns, talking guns or anything else. Being able to camp, drink and sit around a night-time fire is a real bonus and enjoyed by many.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Careful !

It’s not all about the airguns. A big part of people returning time and again is the friendship, camaraderie, common interest and the great fun we have whether it be shooting guns, talking guns or anything else. Being able to camp, drink and sit around a night-time fire is a real bonus and enjoyed by many.
    Very well put Paul

Agree, for a lot of us, shooting comes secondary these days, to the catching up with mates, chilling and having a few drinks around the fire
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Careful !

Absolutely, mate.
    I remember that one year when Jon, Daz, Mike and a few other lads brought bows and catapults along and created a huge interest.
    The more diverse range of equipment the better I say.
    Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Absolutely, mate.
    I remember that one year when Jon, Daz, Mike and a few other lads brought bows and catapults along and created a huge interest.
    The more diverse range of equipment the better I say.
    Craig
    Don't forget the potato cannons Craig
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    You couldn’t forget the potatoe canons if you tried mate, think my ears are still ringing now 🤣

Thanks Neil for putting on another great bash for us lot.

As previously said, its definitely all about yer mates and not necessarily the shooting. But as for what you bring, absolutely no-one will look down on you for what you have or havent got. A brilliant bash always enjoyed by all. Just superb!!!!

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Here you go. I have it as a 12 second video but can’t seem to post it here.

HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    YAY!

You can't have too many Boingy GIFS.

Thank you, chaps.
    I might try and see if the old iPad will play ball as I know your a Tablet user to try and make a mini tutorial in getting them to move to new threads, all I did on my laptop was right click on the Gifs and select copy image address and then pasted it into the image option of the forum reply.
    I'm slowly figuring out the Forums software quirks in making stuff work, just been a while since I used one like it.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

That I want a go on and I now can't be blamed for non Airgun input as I said I wouldn't mention the C or S words here on the other thread.

Still need to know what Neil drinks (as I'm old Fashioned in bringing a host a gift) and if anyones allergic to anything Cake wise, mind you only so much I can carry so probably wont be a massive one.

Careful !

Absolutely, Pauly.

Way back when, in 2012, when The Bash was a mere seedling of an idea in my, and a few other enthusiasts' minds, the "Spring Gun Gathering" was dreamt up to be about springer enthusiasts wanting to get together to learn more about their guns, share ideas about tuning etc., in a more relaxed, non-competitive environment.

A location wasn't decided and then Uncle Mick volunteered to take it all on. The organising, running, insuring etc., providing a wonderfully relaxed and all-inclusive environment in which people could meet, shoot their guns, talk with others, try out other people's guns, talk technical etc., etc.....

The camping became an integral part of these gatherings which, by 2014, became known as "The Boinger Bash". As outlined above, for some the shooting may have become secondary and it's about meeting up with like-minded individuals who have become such good friends over the years. And we're talking the very, very bestest of friendships here. Friendships that stand the test of time.

When Mick was no longer able to hold these events for us any longer, Neil and Tina stood up to the task in hand and deliver it wonderfully, so accurately continuing with the flavour, feel and ethos that went before at Quigley Hollow. Thank you.

Powerplants are varied. Yes, the meets centre mainly around the springer, beloved by so many of us. But all powerplants are welcome. Pistol and rifle. It matters not as long as it's legal and used safely. Many of us tend to like other similar hobbies too, like catapults and bows, and they're more than welcome, too. Indeed, how many of us shot with a catapult before managing to get their first airgun? I know I did, and it sorted out a fair few rats on the canal for a few years whilst fishing.

So, it's all about being friendly, welcoming and all-inclusive. A few more people have broken their Bash ducks over the last two meets and have become fully paid-up and committed fans, due to the wonderful atmosphere and accepting nature of Bash stalwarts. The Bash is everything an individual wants it to be and long may the Spirit of The Boing continue.

Smile Sleepometer says

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post

75 to go, peeps.

BOING!