Thread: Thumbs up to POK's mainsprings!

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)

Thumbs up to POK's mainsprings!

A couple of years ago I bought a lovely-looking HW35 which had been 'specially-tuned'. I got it from a dealer in good quality engineering tools who I've dealt with happily for years. His son, he told me, was a 'real whizz' with airguns, and had worked wonders with it. When I got it home, however, the thing was a harsh cannon, dieseling like a good 'un, and incapable of hitting the proverbial barn door. It was so bad that it even hurt your trigger finger when it fired...

Well, what with my 'ex' trying to take my house away, finishing my doctorate and starting my business, it got left on the side until earlier this year. I then stripped it out to find (as I suspected), an Ox spring... On top of that, the piston was also way too tight in the bore.

So - I looked around and discovered the BBS. Life hasn't been the same since - the bug bit, and ever since then I've been 15 again, totally immersed in airguns...

Anyway, I was advised by the Wise Men of the BBS, to contact POK! to get one of his springs for it. Well, somehow I got caught up in buying all the Airsporters from the 'For Sale' section, and just didn't get round to it. Then a week or so ago, POK! advertised a 35 mainspring, so I pulled my finger out and bought it.

When it arrived, I was very impressed at the quality, and this afternoon I made the time to fit it, having done all the molying, polishing, spring guide fitting, etc. first...

My thoughts on firing it for the first time? WOW! What a difference! It's gone from being an unusable piece of junk to being sweet and a great pleasure to fire. In fact, it took me quite a while to come back in the house as every time I fired the 'last shot', I thought 'Hmmm, I'll just try it again...'

Anyway - that was a bl**dy long-winded way of saying 'Thanks POK!, your springs are every bit as good as they were cracked up to be!'
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

What a great story Took you long enough to buy the bloody spring though didn't it

Excellent! It just goes to prove what a good rifle the HW35 can be with a bit of TLC and a good quality spring. I love a happy ending.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    Hark - one of the wise men speaks!
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    They are excellent, especially when you want something a bit different to standard
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

im sure some of your "new" purchases would benefit from a new spring!

POK the spring, is the man

Baz