Thread: Anschutz 335

Anschutz 335

I have just aquired a old German air rifle, a Anshutz 335. It's a 177 and to break the barrel you pull a sliding mechanism out. It is in average condition for it's age. Can any one tell me any thing about it and the price I will get if I want to sell it.

If you do a 'Search' on here quite a bit has been written about the 335.
    Very accurate rifle if slightly underpowered with the standard piston head. A PTFE replacement is said to give better m.e. but I personally dont have any personal experience of this.
    Its one weak point is the stock to action fixing points which have been known to break. With the barrel catch sliding forward its the earlier version. The target or 'S' version came without a back sight facility (on the barrel) and a weaker main spring. The club has one of these rifles for 10 metre shooting and we got it off B.A.R. at a special discount price of £120. It is in excellent original condition and includes the Williams peep sight. I also have a couple in my collection.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thanks Ian, It seems to be in good nick all round. If I was to sell it on here what sort of price would I be looking at?

I've just emailed you an old review of the 335 which I scanned for someone last year.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupus View Post
    Thanks Ian, It seems to be in good nick all round. If I was to sell it on here what sort of price would I be looking at?
    Difficult to say. Just keep mentioning it on here and one of our fellow 'Collectors' will PM you with an offer. Well, it often happens to me.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I've just emailed you an old review of the 335 which I scanned for someone last year.
    Thanks for that will have a look...Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupus View Post
    £150 more or less, depending on condition

Thanks Carter59, will put up a photo when I decide to sell it.

Anschutz 335 S

I bought a 335S from this site and I have been very pleased with it. The gun came with a Williams peep sight but has been tweaked at some point, running at 7.4 ft/lbs. This has the odd effect on the trajectory of not providing a low enough peep sight setting with the Williams sight, to zero at 10m or indeed 25 yards! I have switched to a Gamo peep sight and at the lowest setting the gun will now zero at 10m and 25 yards! Beautifully engineered gun(apart from the weld problem already mentioned). The front tunnel is "spring loaded" to make easy changing of front sights, the breech has a nice tapered pellet seating and the gun seems to like any decent pellet. I believe the trigger is a one piece unit to assist in stripping down. i have not touched the gun but I may refinish the woodwork, which is a nicely figured piece of beech?
    A very nice gun IMO.

Mike95