Thread: Rohm Twinmaster Top or Sport?

Rohm Twinmaster Top or Sport?

Thinking of getting one of the above pistols, does anybody have experience of either/both of these pistols and can tell me the differences?

Does the sport have a longer barrel or is the front sight just extended?

Do they have the same trigger for Single Shot (with the double action option for repeat shots on the Top)?

Why is the Sport £75 more when it doesn't have repeater option and only has a £20 sliding weight added?

My main interest is a single shot for competition use.

Is there more of a difference than the websites seem to suggest, have companies been a bit keen with copy & paste!

Cheers,

Matt
    Not sent from an iPhone.

No-one shot these???

Matt
    Not sent from an iPhone.

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Couldn't say one way or another whether the barrel is different but the muzzle end piece is different and the sight base is slightly longer.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

i was always fixing my "top"
    it never settled and gives crap groups no matter what i do,
    i did briefly have the idea of sending it off to be fettled but ever since getting my fn8 pistol ive not realy bothered about the rohm

the fn8 groups well enough at 20 yd standing
    but id prob go for a steyr these days

JASON..
    lots of takedowns

I have a Twinmaster Top and love the gun. All thanks to a chap called Bob Scott (Thorndell) who had one and "made" me buy one. I looked at others such as the Steyr etc but could not justify the prices of those at the time and in view of my shaky arms etc so I went for the Top which seemed to be in the mid range price of Rohms but offered much of what I was looking for in a target pistol.
    I have had to return it once as the trigger mechanism jammed up ( due I believe to letting others use the gun - no more of that I think).
    Very accurate at short and long range (30yds). Good shot capacity from cylinder. Use it as single shot with adaptor or multi but with the latter still tend to thumb the trigger back. This gives a very sensitive but precise let off. Double actioning it tends to affect the grouping a little.
    Currently working on upping the power as I have a spare regulator (the little black cylinder between the main body of the pistol and the silver resevoir.
    Bob Scott never had any trouble with his and that was second hand I think. He has fired literally thousands of rounds through his. Just get one and see - you can always sell it if you don't like it.
    Steve
    Floccinaucinihilipilificator.

Still got a bit to consider, if buying new I can try both out before hand to see if the trigger is any different on single shot, and also if the double action is likely to be suitable for rapid fire competition.

Now also having to consider the Match up for sale second hand for a similar price to a new Sport.

hmmmm decisions....

Matt
    Not sent from an iPhone.

Action versus Sport.
    They share the same barrel. Sport has an extended muzzle with rearward sloping exhaust holes and removable foresight blade, various widths are available. The rear sight is different, slightly more sophisticated on the sport with interchangeable blades, again various width slots are available to enable you to select the best combination of foresight/rearsight to suit your shooting style. (although actually obtaining these optional parts is about as easy as collecting rocking horse poo).

As you state the Sport also gets a barrel weight bar (and weights) which appears to have a short length of very expensive knurling on it.
    The sport is supplied with a single shot magazine only and the bits to index the 8 shot magazine are deleted from the trigger group but otherwise the trigger is the same. All this costs you circa £75

The match has even more sophistication in the rear sight and quite a few differences to the trigger.
    I have the Action, which so far exceeds my abilities, with its inherent accuracy, it will be a long time before I improve enough to justify spending out on a Steyr.
    Hope this helps.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it