Thread: Cheats

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by madcrazyferret View Post
    Just out of interest, what kind of cheating?
    Just for starters people missing a target completly then saying 'oh just a one then' when i have seen the pellet hit the ground.
    Maldon and district arc the fastest growing club in the South http://www.madarc.co.uk/

M.A.D For It

Quote Originally Posted by nibbley-uk View Post
    Just for starters people missing a target completly then saying 'oh just a one then' when i have seen the pellet hit the ground.
    Interesting point here, I am slightly deaf at times in one ear ( don't ask me why it is at times!) On one shoot I did I declared a miss, but my buddy said he heard it hit the plate, now I thought I heard a stirke but also thought it was the guy on the lane next to me who shot simultaneously. Because of the possibility of a miss in my mind I stayed with it and had it put so on my card. But how often could a hit on a neighbouring lane be mistaken for a hit on ones own lane if firing at same time of course?
    PM me for money saving prices on aquarium fish foods.

its the spirit of the thing that's important...i think that's important to keep in mind when marshalling.

as for plate/not plate... well the only way i can see of sorting that one out is to have some audible indicator such as a fishing bell or a visual one such as a bopper on the plate...if your really that worried about it... but i think if your looking at getting really tough with HFT then you would be fundamentally changing the sport...to me (having only shot a couple of external HFT events), it's not what it's about.

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!

Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    its the spirit of the thing that's important...i think that's important to keep in mind when marshalling.

as for plate/not plate... well the only way i can see of sorting that one out is to have some audible indicator such as a fishing bell or a visual one such as a bopper on the plate...if your really that worried about it... but i think if your looking at getting really tough with HFT then you would be fundamentally changing the sport...to me (having only shot a couple of external HFT events), it's not what it's about.
    Rob I think you're right mate, it's all a bit of fun. I can understand people taking it seriously as I do to, it's my only hobby now I can't play rugby and I'm a competitive person. I like to think I enjoy myself and shoot a course with a smile on my face whilst having a laugh with whoever I'm shooting with. The day I stop enjoying myself is the day I stop.

As said before some people do well honourably and some will do well by being a weasel. I'll always offer the friendly word if I see something being done wrong, whether the person I offer it to should know better or not and depending on how they take it will dictate my opinion of them.

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Quote Originally Posted by pollythedog View Post
    Interesting point here, I am slightly deaf at times in one ear ( don't ask me why it is at times!)On one shoot I did I declared a miss, but my buddy said he heard it hit the plate, now I thought I heard a stirke but also thought it was the guy on the lane next to me who shot simultaneously. Because of the possibility of a miss in my mind I stayed with it and had it put so on my card. But how often could a hit on a neighbouring lane be mistaken for a hit on ones own lane if firing at same time of course?

Why ?
    Cheers
    Roy
    badgeroy
    And i'll answer to anything else.

If a politician told me he was lying i would'nt believe him.

No Names No pack drill

Quote Originally Posted by figjam View Post

As for power this could be done so easily on rifles etc. but i'd like to think that it's only a small majority and as echoed above there only fooling themselves i'll stick to being a e shot.

I remember watching someone two years ago, shooting very well, two targets down from me, I had finished a particular target and decided to sit and watch the three go about shooting a long range (max) shot.
    I was situated in a perfect position to watch the shot and see/hear the target drop, it was very obvious that one out of the group of three was using .177 and the other two were clearly using .22, as the time delay from when I heard the crack to the target falling was significantly and i mean significantly faster, but it seems all three were .177

Again how would we ever know or find the truth? If its seen chrono's are down or not working for what ever reason, then how can you police this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    IAgain how would we ever know or find the truth? If its seen chrono's are down or not working for what ever reason, then how can you police this.
    Watch this space we have something that may resolve this for 2008.

Pete

Again No names but i remember a guy turning his power up during a shoot
    This time he got caught and was asked to leave, but most times it goes unnoticed.