Thread: HW80K date of manufacture

HW80K date of manufacture

Hello

I contacted Weihrauch last week to ask when my HW80K was made. The serial number is 1278728 and it's stamped "made in West Germany". Weihrauch got back to say it was "delivered in 1993".

As Germany was unified in 1989, and West Germany ceased to exist, would that not infer that my rifle was made before 1990, given that it's stamped made in West Germany?

any views appreciated

Ian

Dunno but West Germany is still West Germany.
    Ok so the Berlin walls down but the commpass points havn't changed.
    Unless It's got Hull cartridge on then It's a grey import unless It's got Edgar Bros on, then It's an early one.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Quote Originally Posted by MRVEG View Post
    Hello

I contacted Weihrauch last week to ask when my HW80K was made. The serial number is 1278728 and it's stamped "made in West Germany". Weihrauch got back to say it was "delivered in 1993".

As Germany was unified in 1989, and West Germany ceased to exist, would that not infer that my rifle was made before 1990, given that it's stamped made in West Germany?

any views appreciated

Ian
    I have heard this before, although its interesting they say delivered not manafactured.
    Also if they have a stock pile of parts marked W Germany, im sure they would have continued using them after the wall came down rather than bin them.
    Last edited by chip; 03-06-2008 at 12:16 AM.
    www.hwownersforum.freeforums.org