Originally posted by aurin
Could anyone point me in the right direction about getting an FAC licence for airguns.

Im going to get a new gun and if its not to much trouble I would get an FAC one.

Thanks Aurin
"Right direction" = your local police station and ask for information on applying for a Firearms Certificate (FAC). If you get blanked ("You want a what?") - it's been known - ask for the name of your local Firearms Liaison/Enquiries Officer. They usually/should know what they're talking about.

Hoping to provide a little more for you, I did have a quick browse through a couple of the Welsh (north and west) police web sites for info. Result - ZIP! Not a single search return on the word 'firearm'. Bit disappointing, compared with my (Sussex) crew, who even have on line FAC application forms and photos of the FEOs.

"too much trouble" = depend how you define too much. Probably more than we'd like, but could be worse. Depending on local police force interpretation of the law, you should reckon on it costing you ~£200, for FAC application and gun security cabinet, before you start buying any kit.

Best of luck.

Biggles