Thread: AAS200 Mk1 & 2 differences?

AAS200 Mk1 & 2 differences?

Hi, apart from the mk1 having a metal bolt, and the end of the barrel, what were the other changes made to the mk2. There must have been a few mods???

Cheers, Rob
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

Ali-C is offline It looks so pretty burning
    Mk.1 has a screw fit charging adaptor, the Mk.2 has a t bar push fit one, the late Mk.2's also have a 1 piece stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by madnurse View Post
    Would like to try FT but being a short fat stumpy git i would look like a weeble wobbling about, spraying pellets everywhere like a deranged mafia boss

the MK2's also have a different forestock where you can actually see the cylinder.
    A.V Marochinni O/U 12 Gauge
    Baikal S/B 12 Gauge
    Air Arms S200 MK2 .177

Quote Originally Posted by Ali-C View Post
    Mk.1 has a screw fit charging adaptor, the Mk.2 has a t bar push fit one, the late Mk.2's also have a 1 piece stock.
    My Mk1 has the normal "AA male" filler, (pre banjo.) The Mk2 started the same, but went over to the banjo type at the same time as the S400.
    The Mk1 barrel is fully floating, ie no barrel band. As said, the silencers are different, 'cos of the different diameter at the muzzle. You have to be careful not to yank the metal bolt too hard, or you can shear the cocking pin, which is a bu99er to replace.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Yes, got all of the above, the reason I'm asking is I have a S200T and a MK1 action in one of Frencie's stocks. The 200T stock is going to be sold I'm just wonderingwhich action would be best to keep? Both are quick fill now as the original 200T cyclinder's a pain in the arse to keep taking off and on.

Cheers, Rob
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

Sorry, I don't understand. A Mk1 is always a Mk1, an S200T can be Mk1 or Mk2.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

the problem with the target version is that you need to take the cylinder off to recharge it, if you have a silencer fitted this is a massive problem.
    A.V Marochinni O/U 12 Gauge
    Baikal S/B 12 Gauge
    Air Arms S200 MK2 .177

Sorry guys should have been clearer, the S200T is mk 2 the Mk 1 is just that !