Thread: Tokarev CO2 pistol

Tokarev CO2 pistol

Just been having a quick look at the Izhevsk site and there is what I think is a new CO2 pistol on there.

New development of IMZ designers - МР-656К pistol intended for plinking and patterned after the legendary ТТ (Tula Tokarev) service pistol, model of 1933, added to the Soviet Army armoury during World War 2.

The novelty implements main units and parts of basic model (frame, slide, trigger group) and preserves original historical marks of the original. All handling of pistol clones its combat prototype.

Shoots 4.5-mm BBs. CO2 supply source -12 g cylinders.
    Basically it's along the same lines as the Makarov, with a magazine holding the CO2 cartridge, ball magazine at the front and valve housing at the top. The magazine well appears to have been machined away a bit to accomodate the extra width of a CO2 cartridge compared to the original (single column) magazine.

Trigger mechanism is the original single action, the hammer protrudes just enough to allow it to be cocked, I think, or you could just retract the slide. No mention of any added safety catch (the original didn't have one).

I'm not sure, though, whether the phrase "preserves original historical marks of the original" means it's a conversion of an original live-fire pistol, because if so I think that would mean it wasn't UK legal - wouldn't it still retain it's section 5 status?

Last time I mentioned their site, someone pointed out there was a virus on it, but if you want to see their picture,

http://imzcorp.com/res_en/0_value_40084_205.jpg

Iain

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    A very nice-looking pistol!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Iain K D View Post
    I'm not sure, though, whether the phrase "preserves original historical marks of the original" means it's a conversion of an original live-fire pistol, because if so I think that would mean it wasn't UK legal - wouldn't it still retain it's section 5 status?
    Very unlikely. The Makarov they make is built with separate parts to their live versions to avoid legal difficulties.
    It would be expensive to convert en-masse, and difficult. I've never seen it done with CO2, although it still goes on quite a bit in Europe with TACS.

Saw this a while back, emailed york guns and they said they can't get them in, or the MP-571K either
    'Time has little to do with infinity and jelly doughnuts'

Ali-C is offline It looks so pretty burning
    Any idea of what they will cost?
    Quote Originally Posted by madnurse View Post
    Would like to try FT but being a short fat stumpy git i would look like a weeble wobbling about, spraying pellets everywhere like a deranged mafia boss

I see that they are also making a cartridge version that shoots rubber bullets or gas ones but no mention of a full blown cartridge one but it dose not look like we will be getting it in any version.

http://imzcorp.com/en/company/307.html

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Wouldn't mind owning one of those rubber bullet versions!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

The Tokarev looks bloody nice! pity we'll probably never see it here

Came across this site, which has a nice feature on the CO2 Tokarev, and links to a Pyramyd Air review with more information.

http://www.co2airguns.net/Collection...656K/index.htm

Unfortunately, I think this is about the closest we'll get to seeing one in this country - it makes it quite clear that it is a conversion from an original pistol. Note, for example, the original date of manufacture on the frame, and (as Pyramyd mention) the missing extractor - removed as being no longer needed.

Iain