Quote:
Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post

If BSA had the sense to make (in England) a top quality reproduction of these guns with top notch walnut and modern full power internals, I'm certain they'd sell as many as they could turn out even at £350 ~ £400 i.e. Prosport territory.

Quite right

You can already get full power internals for the MK2 Airsporter though.
BSA produced a retro fit piston head for these that used the later Airsporter/Mercury O ring as a seal instead of leather.
The kit is still available from Chambers but you have to send them your piston to have it fitted.

I fitted one in 1973 and so far it seems to work very well.

All the best Mick

NOTE TO GARETH WB - THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO REVITALISE THE ORIGINAL VALUATION THREAD WHICH YOU HAVE LOCKED - JUST TO CONTINUE A DISCUSSION WHICH WAS DEVELOPING FROM IT.

Thanks for the info Mick. rather than up the power on an original gun though, which may make it harsh and be a bit OTT for existing components - including the stock - what I'd really like to see is the following:

• Fully adjustable two-stage trigger
  • Smoother firing cycle plus consistent power around the 11 ftlb mark
  • Top notch stock
  • Same pop up loading tap
  • Same flip up rear sight
  • Scope option using proper milled grooves
  • No changes to the original superb looks and handling.

As said - I'm convinced BSA could do this at Prosport money and old English quality and would sell every one they could make. Let's hope someone from BSA looks on the BBS from time to time!