Thread: does Daystate Reflex AirStream Silencer fit FX Verminator?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

reflex

Quote Originally Posted by smartwave View Post
    As the title says.

the AirStream Reflex seems quite interesting as it stick out just 10cm.

http://www.daystate.co.uk/images/Airstream-MK4.jpg
    The reflex silencer did not fit on my Verminator for the simple reason
    it came back to far. didnt know the Vermy was shrouded tho.
    Daystate Airwolf MVT.22 40ft RUGER77/17hmr RUGER SR22
    "DON'T EVER SHOOT A 17 HMR. What ever you thought you knew about 22 rim fires, and loved about them, will be lost forever. It's like dumping your wife for Miss America."

some clarity

Hi, I believe the mk1 verminator (or gladiator - big brother) do not have shrouded barrels. The mk2 does though.
    I own a gladiator and mk 1 verminator.

Early mk1 verminators did have a brass adapter to 1/2 inch UNC male for suppressors but my mk1 is circa 2011 and has a smooth-twist barrel (only partial rifling) and does not have the brass figment. What it does have is 2 inches of extra barrel length with a capping piece to cover the manufacturing marks from making the smooth twist, which is also directly threaded for 1/2 inch UNC male. I believe this is the same barrel that lurks inside the mk2 shroud.

When I bought it second hand I was concerned that the barrel looked wrong compared to a friends earlier mk1 so I contacted the fx importer and was told the above.

So early mk1s probably don't have enough barrel past the cylinder to accommodate an airstream but later ones I think do, which would be nice so as to offset the new longer barrel.

Personally I came on here to find a custom reflex moderator on a recommendation from someone at my local range...

I hope the above info helps.