Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: whats the quietest silencer ?

whats the quietest silencer ?

ive had an air arms silencer and i've also had a weihrauch silencer..both were on an s410k.. the weihrauch was noticeably quieter.

my question is...is there a silencer thats noticeably quieter than the weihrauch ?
    GOOD DEALS...Here,post 6404

Ali-C is offline It looks so pretty burning
    The Weihrauch, Hugget and Hogan Decimeater are generally considered the best of the bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by madnurse View Post
    Would like to try FT but being a short fat stumpy git i would look like a weeble wobbling about, spraying pellets everywhere like a deranged mafia boss

Silencers tend to match the rifle's natural noise, or not. It's not the case that one silencer will always be the best.

Some will be better than others on most guns, they are the ones that have been properly designed for performance rather than low cost or ease of manufacture.

Edit: here's a prototype that is the best I've ever had on a S200. http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...MG_0111res.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by airgundog View Post
    ive had an air arms silencer and i've also had a weihrauch silencer..both were on an s410k.. the weihrauch was noticeably quieter.

my question is...is there a silencer thats noticeably quieter than the weihrauch ?
    The simple answer to that is no. With their internal design of one and a half plastic hair curlers, two thin steel baffles and a couple of bits of acoustic cloth they are the quietest moderators on the market.

It pains me to say it, but the best I can do at the moment with properly engineered internals is 2 Db louder than the HW........ (but I am working on it.....)

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

BTW, Neil made one of the components in the prototype.

How about fibre tap washers instead of steel baffels?
    Give the inside a matt finish to (slightly) absorb sound?
    A.V Marochinni O/U 12 Gauge
    Baikal S/B 12 Gauge
    Air Arms S200 MK2 .177

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Edit: here's a prototype that is the best I've ever had on a S200. http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...MG_0111res.jpg
    That looks like the end can off a track bike.
    Weihrauch B&C HW95K, B&C HW35K, BAM B26-2 venoman custom, QB78 DL custom.
    You ain't so big, you jus' tall, tha's all.
    http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by uk litehammer View Post
    That looks like the end can off a track bike.
    OK, so I didn't do a very good paint job.

It works like a shrouded barrel. Any more than that and I'd have to kill you afterwards....

Smile

Years ago when i used to shoot at Herringthorpe leisure centre in Rotherham, Jim Hogan set a precharged gun up and started shooting, all that i could hear was the hammer spring, i asked if his gun needed charging as it sounded like it was completely empty
    he looked at me with a 'knowing' grin and said no, i've just charged it up!!!

it turned out to be his prototype moderator (Logun)- it was the best thing that i'd never heard

i wish any of mine were as quiet as that one!!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy
    From experience, the HW silencer seems the best commercially available silencer i've tried on most guns, I have recently been making different baffles to go inside of them and they do seem to improve the resonance noise a bit. my only way of checking Db's is a cheap app for my phone, crude i know but it gives some indication.

I've also got a hogan decimeater, a swift, a logun QGS", a standard HW and 2 'improved HW silencers as well as some i've been working on. nearly all have metal washers for baffles which are set for a .22 so on a .177 they allow a bit more air past the central hole.

I usually replace the metal washers with some coned delrin ones which does improve them as does replacing the accoustic felt with some thicker quality stuff.

I've made a few custom parts for people on here and other forums and they've been happy with the results but to date i've never made a bespoke one for myself........YET!.

Just this evening i had a go at modding a hw silencer to work like the huggett, just to see how it worked and after a few teething troubles it's working fine. with the phone app it's the same as the QGS2 and 2db quieter that the standard hw but not as quiet as my other modded HW?????? works in progress i'd say!

PAUL

jonezy25 is offline Over 1200 posts and still haven't got one
    My nutshot carbon fibre silencer is the queitest silencer i have had by far! had alot of silencers, hw's, air arms, logun qgs, and loads of others, nothing compares to my nutshot, it's 13 inch screwcut reflex silencer, goes down the barrel about 5-6 inches. If you can get one, you will never buy another silencer.

silencer

as above I have got one on my MFR and they are the biz
    MK1 7/12 14" CZ barrel. , Dustin mod.Kevg reg. Bb valve , titanium tube, bushy legend. MK2 177,Kevg reg.silent pip,MK4 trigger,Bucketboy shroud.ssg spring, Nikon monarch

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy
    Quote Originally Posted by jonezy25 View Post
    My nutshot carbon fibre silencer is the queitest silencer i have had by far! had alot of silencers, hw's, air arms, logun qgs, and loads of others, nothing compares to my nutshot, it's 13 inch screwcut reflex silencer, goes down the barrel about 5-6 inches. If you can get one, you will never buy another silencer.
    And it looks the dogs danglies too!

jonezy25 is offline Over 1200 posts and still haven't got one
    Quote Originally Posted by premierpistol View Post
    And it looks the dogs danglies too!
    You liked it then!

best silencer going i'd say.

An over Vacuumed cottage in NEWPORT Isle of Wight
    f* kin aida 13" airgun mod....

jesus h christ thats roughly the size of my t8 on my 22.250 rem.

SHOW ME IT...