Having picked up an airgun magazine today I note with rather surprise that someone has written in on the topic of should certain guns be allowed in HFT.

These seem to fall mostly in the category of dedicated FT guns or modded 10 metre match rifles not wishing to name the makes that they feel perhaps should be banned from taking part.

Could you start to say the same for scopes as there are scopes and there ARE scopes.

As for me if the gun is under the legal requirement for foot pound, surely it is the person that pulls the trigger and has the skill as where to hit the target at the end of the day.

Where do you draw the line in deciding if a gun is legal for HFT, if it ticks the under 12 foot pound box and the stock measurement box.

I am new to this as I only started shooting last year and yes I am one of the cuplrits with one of the named guns, but I don't think I set the world alight, well not yet anyway with my scores, mainly low 50's or high 40's, but I love shooting it and love HFT and trying to beat my best score of 52 so far.

I'm not a hunter and have no intention of being one, but metal target or paper target shooting now that's another matter.

I do hope I haven't upset or offended anyone with this post.

Nicky