Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HFT Guns what should be allowed?

I think it is great that someone with an S200 can compete against someone with say, a Steyr and have more than a fighting chance. Some people actually like this sort of thing

Human nature being what it is, people will (in general) of course want posh kit, if they have the money, let 'em spend it on their hobby, say I! Good for the industry, good for the sport.

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Ali-C is offline It looks so pretty burning
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    I think it is great that someone with an S200 can compete against someone with say, a Steyr and have more than a fighting chance. Some people actually like this sort of thing
    So do I, the look on their face when you beat them with a twanger or an S200....Not that I ever have...Or ever will...
    Quote Originally Posted by madnurse View Post
    Would like to try FT but being a short fat stumpy git i would look like a weeble wobbling about, spraying pellets everywhere like a deranged mafia boss

Competition Hardware

I must admit that, having bought heavily into the philosophy of Sporting Air Rifle prior to the advent of HFT, I used to look askance at competitors using FT rigs in a scenario intended to resemble hunting. These days, I've resigned myself to the death of the old SAR mindset and accepted that HFT has evolved. I am regularly beaten in club comps by a guy shooting a TX200 (and he takes most of his shots kneeling) and sometimes achieve better scores myself with an HW97 than I do with a PCP costing 3 times as much.

D.

jay.t is offline Unique is an understatement, I'm just a messed up frog pimp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali-C View Post
    So do I, the look on their face when you beat them with a twanger or an S200....Not that I ever have...Or ever will...
    My brother kieran and chris cundey did a extreme ft course with s200's and hawke scopes, faired quite well as i remember.

As several have said , the skill seems to be in the person behind the gun, most pcp's and springers will outshoot the shooter, agreed some combos may have an advantage, personally my scores have increased since using the steyr/leup but maybe its a mental thing, if it all feels right ,it gives you the confidence to make the shot.
    Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.
    I really couldent give two hoots what anyone else use's or don't use or how much it costs,aslong as they are within the rules thats all that matters.Turn up shoot,have a laugh,do ya best and enjoy yaself.Thats what its all about for me anyway.

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Quote Originally Posted by jagxkrs View Post
    Spiderman outfit off the top of the wardrobe again?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Don't be silly......Ryan ONLY does Batman

Ryan..is Andrea ok mate?...drop me a PM/email
    She's torn the cartiledge in her damaged knee so needs a bit of keyhole and won't let me look after her enough as she's a stubborn mare!

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Quote Originally Posted by R. P. McMurphy View Post
    I really couldent give two hoots what anyone else use's or don't use or how much it costs,aslong as they are within the rules thats all that matters.Turn up shoot,have a laugh,do ya best and enjoy yaself.Thats what its all about for me anyway.
    And that Dave is why we loves yau!
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    When I read the offending letter a couple of weeks ago my first thought was 'I wonder if Ryan is going to be writing in to point out his Walthers get carted up hill and down dale'

actually it was my second, my first thought was 'Not this old chestnut again'

Good post Nicky!

Atb

Cliff
    Might go and shoot some bunnies with it on Sunday and send a picture in to accompany my letter!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
    She's torn the cartiledge in her damaged knee so needs a bit of keyhole and won't let me look after her enough as she's a stubborn mare!

Ryan
    Welcome to married life mate Hope she's sorted.
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Having put a lot of thought into this question I do feel that it is a great idea to put everyone on a level playing field. Although I agree that it is predominatly the nut behind the butt if everything is equal then surely the true shooting champions will emerge and there will be no doubting it, with people being unable to cry advantage of better/target race guns.

So the answer is an affordable piece of kit available to the masses that places everyone firmly on a level footing.
    The answer has been out there for a while now.

Stock class HFT

MONKEY.
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

hi

look at the top ft rifles guys ,steyr and evo are good top notch

you can compete and get 100 reg,d shots with them without them to be filled but then again beware someone who knows there s410 with single shot adapter

these can be surgical

ive seen a load of ft hunters with top notch 2 grand rifles that cant shoot for xxxx

then ive seen someone with a 300 pound set up good,very good....

you gets what you can affords i suppose ,or what feels right

me im more a hunter so a s410 goes both ways .i like my rifle clean but i dont want a rifle that if i dropped id start crying with like some do
    or if it rains they panick ...there to be shot i suppose

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
    And that Dave is why we loves yau!
    What can I sat Mr Charlts matey,Iam just a loveable chap

HFT guns

The thing is the top shooters in HFT have been shooting for years, that means they have a huge wealth experience in HFT and I know some have migrated from the FT world, and shoot both there is no doubt about it they are just good shots, rangefinding etc not a problem, but they are putting in top scores and there are some shooting with not the normal run of the mill hunting rifle, just because they like them.

I am totally conviced that this is down to knowing your gun and scope inside out and I am sure that the top shooters just pick up there gun and it becomes part of them and they just gel with it everytime. I've had days where it just feels right and everything goes well and other days when you just couldn't hit a barn door.

The moment I pull the trigger I can normally tell if it's going to be good or bad shot.

This all comes down to practice at the end of the day and the boys and girls that are putting the top scores regardless of them shooting Steyr, Walther, EV2 etc practice all the time, that is how they have got so good.

I don't get mad if I get beaten buy a S400 they are good guns and I have one myself and my score probably wouldn't be vastly different if I shot it, it's just that I'm just totally in love with my Steyr and used to it.

Sorry but It's not the gun it's the shooter and it's the old saying of practice makes perfect at the end of the day.
    Team Kibworth 2011 UKAHFT.
    Proud to be part of the Daystate UKAHFT winning team 2010.
    http://www.cambridgehft.co.uk/

hi

Quote Originally Posted by pistolgirl View Post

Sorry but It's not the gun it's the shooter and it's the old saying of practice makes perfect at the end of the day.
    ok we will have a bet

you with a mk1 airsporter

and me with my s410

Quote Originally Posted by whitevanman574 View Post

me im more a hunter so a s410 goes both ways .i like my rifle clean but i dont want a rifle that if i dropped id start crying with like some do
    or if it rains they panick ...there to be shot i suppose
    That is exactly why I shoot my Walthers in comps, if I ever bashed my Elan or HW100 or they got as battered as my HFT gun does I'd be most upset. Let's face it when you're out hunting you only go out when your quarry is going to be out, metal targets are out in snow, 30mph winds and torrential rain. Having a gun you can strip and rebuild with two Allen keys in half an hour makes sense.

Ryan