Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What size grouping at 10m?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    I have to admit that it's counter-intuitive Jef, it certainly was for me in the beginning after a lifetine of aiming for what I'm shooting at.

All I know is that it's worked for me and for countless other target pistol shooters out there; the way I see it is that if you can see your sights clearly, then that sight-picture gets burned into your mind. After that, with lots of practice, muscle memory follows.

Once you have those two nailed, it's on to breathing.

Sounds easy, doesn't it?

Mike's on the money here. When I was first taught pistol shooting 30+yrs ago with a single shot Webley 22 this was the way.
    I believe most UIT shooting is done this way.

Six-o'clock sighting (where you set the sights so that lining them up on the bottom of the bullseye puts the pellet in the center) works best for targets since it gives a more consistent reference point than dead-on sighting

To be honest most of my guns now have Red Dot sights fitted.

Good luck, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Try to get every pellet into the black to start with, and build from there. If you haven't done so already, I'd recommemd zeroing your gun so that you shoot "sub-six" - that's placing the sights at six o'clock below the black centre and burning that sight picture into your memory.

If you aim for the bull, you tend to lose the black sights against the black background, whereas with sub-six, you have a nice clear picture of black sights against white paper.

rapid7max - the Alecto should be good to go out of the box and will just get tighter as it runs in. Whilst it's new, try pumping it twice - you should see an immediate improvement in group size if you do your bit. Alectos like Gecos.

Hope that helps,

Mike.
    Nice on buddy thanks alot.

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Wonkyshot. Apologies if you know this but the HW needs running in with say 200 fun shots before you get serious. And find your best pellet!
    I have a Silver Star in .22 ,despite the little voice that said... you know you should buy .177...Just come on song and very happy with it in a Dirty Harry way.
    No bull left at 6 Yards. getting there at !0 metres
    I've got a HW45 .22. I hear ya brother!

AFA the original posted question; with a springer, all in the black at 10m is doing well IMO.