Thread: .177 BSA Cadet

Ali-C is offline It looks so pretty burning

.177 BSA Cadet

Sought after? Worth this much?
    http://www.abgunsmiths.co.uk/shop/bs...4c1666738d60e5

Cheers,
    Ali.
    Quote Originally Posted by madnurse View Post
    Would like to try FT but being a short fat stumpy git i would look like a weeble wobbling about, spraying pellets everywhere like a deranged mafia boss

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali-C View Post
    Sought after? Worth this much?
    http://www.abgunsmiths.co.uk/shop/bs...4c1666738d60e5

Cheers,
    Ali.
    Yes, and with a couple of caveats, yes. The second yes would be dependant for me on whether or not the rifle had been re-finished, and if the finish is original, what kind of state it's in.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

edbear2 Guest
    I would also say, with the same reservations about condition etc., yes......I know that generally, smaller or junior rifles don't seem to fetch the money that "full size" guns do. But I personally would take a really nice condition cadet over a average condition later gun with plastic bits any day......They are real hardworking, tough little guns, and most I have come across have been in one hell of a state, so good ones IMHO, would be worth hanging on to, or buying both as a usable little classic, and a great starter gun to get a youngster into shooting vintage stuff......No-one on here would bat an eyelid if this discussion were about the larger BSA rifles from this period.

I used to have a Cadet, and I loved it. It was dire when I bought it (£50 about 15 years ago) but I stripped it, refinished the stock and lubed the mainspring with Vaseline and it was great. Accurate enough at 10 metres.

It was obviously designed as a junior rifle, but I seem to remember a fairly long length of pull - about 14 inches I think.