Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: You must read this if you hunt at night or like gadgets

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Silent sentinel View Post
    Thanks Daystatedaz, was at the hospital all day looks like my boy will be here tomorrow. I have just discovered the most scary living thing on the planet is a pregnant woman

Oh and Jamie no need to appologise I am sh ting myself at the mo with baby on the way and I more than likely took offence easier than I would normaly. Looking back it does kinda look like a sale pitch but I have just paid £300 for this unit so although I dont have a vested interest I do have £300 invested in it and if it turns out to be a pile of crud then I will be stuck with it lol.

Sorry if I over reacted aswell

ATB SS

Congratulations mate! Now go and get that video made!

All the best to you the missus and the littl'un!

Jamie
    Professional Pest Control without Poisons - Trapping and snaring equipment - www.jllpestcontrol.co.uk

No Video footage yet awaiting new HD Camcorder

OK the ND-3, I got out with it last night it was very cold and very windy there was not many bunnies out but those I did see did not seem anymore spooked by this unit that they do by a red lamp, Whether they were less spooked or not I am not prepared to say at this time. The place I choose to test the unit is my local golf course permission. These Rabbits have seen it all and are very jumpy made worse by the increasing local Fox population. I was able to spot rabbits out to a good distance well beyond my Air rifles range and I did spot a Fox at about 85yrds and I could see clearly what it was I had the beam on him for a good 30 seconds before my shooting buddy came over to look, His movement spooked the little fella off. I think from what I have seen so far this unit has great potential but like all new kit it will take a bit of time to discover the best way to use it. As for it being no good in the cold it was very cold and very windy I did not notice any degrading of the ND-3's brightness or beam quality.

PS. Baby not here yet I guess he takes after Daddy I quite liked it in there too lol

ATB SS
    Last edited by Silent sentinel; 13-04-2010 at 11:41 AM.

Cheap kit

maybe if I come in to some money i'll lash out on a better torch/mounts( might even go as high as £30!) but compared to seperate battery lamps I think for airguns the led's are very useable & have much better battery life,by all means spend hundreds of £'s on gunlamps,the people who sell them will always tell you they're better,if you shoot rimmies or larger guns I can see the point of a powerful lamp then or nv gear but really from experience lamping with sub 12ft/lbs guns is best with a 50-100m beam lamp/torch filtered or dimmed for the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    maybe if I come in to some money i'll lash out on a better torch/mounts( might even go as high as £30!) but compared to seperate battery lamps I think for airguns the led's are very useable & have much better battery life,by all means spend hundreds of £'s on gunlamps,the people who sell them will always tell you they're better,if you shoot rimmies or larger guns I can see the point of a powerful lamp then or nv gear but really from experience lamping with sub 12ft/lbs guns is best with a 50-100m beam lamp/torch filtered or dimmed for the situation.
    30 Quid Junglie.... Careful you dont give your wallet a hernia

Is Durham in Scotland

Dont take this the wrong way but I think you are missing the point, Its not a torch and if you had seen it in action and used it as I have you will see that it is so much more than that.

ATB SS

30 Quid Junglie.... Careful you dont give your wallet a hernia

Is Durham in Scotland

Dont take this the wrong way but I think you are missing the point, Its not a torch and if you had seen it in action and used it as I have you will see that it is so much more than that.

ATB SS
    If it isn't a torch what is it then ???
    Premiere shooting holidays http://www.boundary-farm.com/

Unhappy

Calling this a torch is like calling the Hubble telescope a looking glass or saying an F1 racing car is just a car !!!

Somebody shoot me PLEASE Not the right place to joke about this I guess but am I the only one that gets this? Maybe it because I have seen it in action and used it myself? I dont know maybe I am just being pedantic I guess in some sence of the word it is a torch but in use it is quickly apparent how much more than a torch it really is.

ATB SS

deano is offline Crack!.......Wheeee........Thup
    so, out of interest, are you suggesting that this kit is better for night shooting/lamping than anything lightforce have to offer?

also, is this better than clulite and such?

what is the effective range for identifying quarry well enough to squeeze off a shot.

I am thinking its time we see a video of the unit in action

I fancy one but i want to see what it is about before i order

Quote Originally Posted by deanc2226 View Post
    so, out of interest, are you suggesting that this kit is better for night shooting/lamping than anything lightforce have to offer?

also, is this better than clulite and such?

what is the effective range for identifying quarry well enough to squeeze off a shot.
    Hi there I cant comment as I have never used a Lightforce or clulite I have always used the Deben stuff and had great results. I am not at this stage saying it is better than anything I will be posting more though when I have had a better chance to evaluate its pro's and cons. The mebers that have followed me as THE Ghost Maker on AIRGUNFORUM.NET know that I am capable of large bags and have regularly enjoyed good numbers while lamping so I am a fan of the standard lamp/torch setup What I am hoping is that this gives me an edge. It is very small and light, it is also very easy to zero the light to where you need it and the qualityof the unit is fantastic. Like I said before though it will take time for me to really test the unit properly and for me to give an honest and indepth viewpoint from someone who has bought and owned one.

ATB SS

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    I am thinking its time we see a video of the unit in action

I fancy one but i want to see what it is about before i order
    Sorry fella I will be posting asap I am just waiting for a chaep HD camera to come up I have sold my Handycam as I need HD.

ATB SS

deano is offline Crack!.......Wheeee........Thup
    Hi there I cant comment as I have never used a Lightforce or clulite I have always used the Deben stuff and had great results. I am not at this stage saying it is better than anything I will be posting more though when I have had a better chance to evaluate its pro's and cons. The mebers that have followed me as THE Ghost Maker on AIRGUNFORUM.NET know that I am capable of large bags and have regularly enjoyed good numbers while lamping so I am a fan of the standard lamp/torch setup What I am hoping is that this gives me an edge. It is very small and light, it is also very easy to zero the light to where you need it and the qualityof the unit is fantastic. Like I said before though it will take time for me to really test the unit properly and for me to give an honest and indepth viewpoint from someone who has bought and owned one.

ATB SS

could you organise to have it tested against lightforce, as this would be the one to match or beat, crack that and it's a worthy little unit!!

Quote Originally Posted by deanc2226 View Post
    could you organise to have it tested against lightforce, as this would be the one to match or beat, crack that and it's a worthy little unit!!
    Sorry Dean I am not in a position to do a comparison as I dont have a Lightforce and I do not know anyone with one. All the guys I shoot with use Deben Tracers and Atoms except for 1 lad that uses a Logun Lamp.
    I think the point I was trying to make was its not a lamp so to compare it to a lamp would not really be a fair test as they will both do certain things better than the other. My evaluation will be from someone who has used good quality lamps, night vision add ons and dedicated NV units. I have at some stage used them all and I will be giving my personal opinion based on my own experiances hopefully with some HD footage so that others can decide for themselves from what that shows.

ATB SS

Any news on this?

We need video's
    For NV spotter and add-on videos, paste > some bloke night vision < into YouTube search bar

Quote Originally Posted by some bloke View Post
    We need video's
    Yes but no footage yet as I have been working on a new camera mount for my HD camcorder it still needs a little work ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0DJ2...&feature=email However we have had fox out too 150yrds with it so far and does seem less spooky than a normal lamp. I will be posting a video soon!

ATB SS

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by whitevanman574 View Post
    those who use nv such as me WILL NOT WANT THIS GARBAGE

THESE ARE GREEN LAMPS NOTHING MORE ......GET A LOGUN WACK A GREEN FILTER ON THERE YOU HAVE IT THE SAME

nv i have is a sentinel with nv lazer ...i can see you ...you canot see me

thats what nv is about

I can if you are below 950Nm or I have a camera from a mobile phone handy matey

Even some of our 950Nm covert emitters can be seen with the naked eye as a cherry red glow...put a CCD on them and it is like a ruddy searchlight.

Ever wondered why the military kit such as SIMRAD etc is so damn pricey

Horses for courses I know, but covert...not always.
    I'm a maggot in another life you know