Hi all
Picked up a new Maxus a week or so ago, walnut and blue model.
12bore 28" barrel Invector plus choked and over bored barrel set at .740".

Sat down and read the manual front to back, pulled it all apart and back together again and ran through the controls and set off to test.

Took it for a 100 bird clay session, not good couldn't connect on a lot of birds so back to the drawing board.

Re read manual, stock off and remove neutral shim and replace with cast off and comb drop shim No 3 ( there are 6 in the box) I'm a right hander, right eye shooter, changed the front sight to a more subtle red hue from the bright vivid green (again a selection provided in the box) which press out rearwards from the foresight carrier.

All back together and back to the clay field. Transformation!
Connecting and smashing clays well. Shooting 1 Oz fibre loads, half choke.
Chokes supplied are Cyl-Full Invector+ and also an extended by 5cm 1/2 choke.(fowling steel??)
200 clays shot (at!) in freezing weather, no jams or miss feeds.

Out after duck with some Lyavale 3" No4 steel magnums, nice clean positive kills.

Went out for a few walked up pheasants, couple in the bag, nice crossers and positive kills.

Big claims are made re recoil by Browning, and must say seems a smooth shooter compared to the other autos I've owned over the years, but this could all be 'rose tinted' at the mo as with all new guns we own!

Can't comment on the fastest lock time claims as made by Browning, I pull the trigger and it went bang. I was so cold when after the duck that maybe the extra few milliseconds of speedier trigger action helped me put them in the bag but I wouldn't count on it!!

Clean up time was a surprise, the forend has a speed lock system, click and its off, all pulls apart quite easily and cleans up a treat. Fair few grains of unburnt powder in the action frame, I think due to the extreme cold, but all carbon wiped off, no sign of leading or plastic up the barrel, and with the extended forcing cone all very clean and shiny after a dose of Napier and a couple of pull throughs with the bore snake.
Gas piston wiped down clean, again with a spray of Napier as did the magazine tube to remove carbon blast.

Nice gun, swings smoothly and (now) points where its aimed.

All well presented in a hard case with chokes and key, manual and gurantee info, QD sling swivels, selection of stock shims and foresight elements plus trigger lock.

Nice gun, early days so time will tell. So far so good.

Cheers