Thread: Air Gun Reconditioning/Refurbishing

Air Gun Reconditioning/Refurbishing

Hi, I am curently looking into having an airgun from childhood recond/refurb. and not having much luck searching the net...Any help with companies or gunsmiths that do this would be much appreciated..Thanks

A key question must be 'what is the rifle?' If you find a gunsmith to service the action and a company to re-blue and then refurbish the stock you could easily spend far more than the rifle is worth just in labour charges.
    What is wrong with it? If the rifle is a standard model then it would not be difficult to service it yourself and there would be many people on here to advise you. Similarly with refurbishing a stock. Actions can be re-blued at a cost (I am told) of around £60-£70 by companies such as Manchester Airguns.
    Hope this helps .. give us more info on what needs doing and I am sure we can be more specific.
    Cheers, Phil

This outfit seems to have just appeared on the scene.

However, I'm sure you will soon get a lot of recommendations from people with first hand experience which may be the best way to go.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Totally agree with above

MAG

I can definitely recommend Manchester air guns, I had my fathers mk1 BSA Meteor done by them. New spring (was still on it's original) plus new trigger guard and a few other bits, and a reblue, only £70.00! Probably still more than the gun's worth, but the look on my dads face when I gave it to him made it an absolute bargain!

Cheers

Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Personally, anyone who keeps using the word weapon instead of airgun isn't going to get my money -
    Quote Originally Posted by olly321 View Post
    Totally agree with above
    So I guess you don't have anything to do with BAR, McAvoy's, The Airgun Centre, BSA, Webley or Air Arms - all of whom use the taboo word 'weapon' in their literature - to name but the first few of those whose websites I looked at?
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Weapon

Who's missed the point then?
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Personally, anyone who keeps using the word weapon instead of airgun isn't going to get my money -
    You dont' have to like it but a ' Weapon ' is what they are plus they are also 'Firearms' Yes even sub 12ftlb Air Guns are classed as ' Firearms'

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    This outfit seems to have just appeared on the scene.

However, I'm sure you will soon get a lot of recommendations from people with first hand experience which may be the best way to go.
    Seems to recommend himself highly for photography etc!
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Quote Originally Posted by delta1 View Post
    Seems to recommend himself highly for photography etc!
    Didn't notice that one!

I must admit I'd like to hear from someone that had already had a satisfactory experience with him before I placed my own cherished classic in his care - hence the second sentence in my post.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.

You can call a Spade a manually operated earth shifting device, but it's still a Spade.