Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Theoben Dual Magnum

Arrow Theoben Dual Magnum

Does anyone have one of these or know someone in the UK who does? I tried to buy one when they came out but the model was discontimued before I could get mine with a LH stock. I would just like to look at one-well, maybe have a couple of shots as well! Can anyone help? Thanks

Hens teeth apparently - I would love one as well - really would.

Bit of a bu99er to cock apparently.

Probably even more hold sensitive than the Eliminator.

I think the Dual Magnum was a victim to the sucess of the Eliminator.

Plus cost a lot to build.
    I think and therefore...... I refuse to steal someone else's quote to try to sound more erudite or profound than I actually am.

I think Baz had one .The advertising went something along the lines of 'Cock it once get 12lb,cock it twice & get 28lb'.Steve

I think it was more like 20 and 30ftlbs.

I would like to see the article in Airgunner by TD - anybody scan a copy and send it to me?

Pretty please!
    I think and therefore...... I refuse to steal someone else's quote to try to sound more erudite or profound than I actually am.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ6357
    I think it was more like 20 and 30ftlbs.

Pretty please!
    Depends how good your memory is Steve

Arrow

Depending on pressure in the gas ram the maximum advertised power was one cock=23fp and 2 cocks= 37fp. Lower gasram pressure lowers both of these numbers and gives much easier cocking effort. I recorded data from the TD article-because i wanted to buy one- and the numbers were: 1 stroke gives between 12 and 23fp and two strokes between 22 and 37fp.The pellet of choice was the Bisley Magnum.
    I can't imagine many owners using any other than maximum gas ram pressure-what would be the point-but first I have to find an owner to ask!!

Hello Russ,

Mail has bounced...

Regards, Ed

Updated profile with new email address

Sorry Ed - forgot to update my profile.

Disaster Guest

I've got one, unfortunately, not in U.K.

Only 103 built, if I recall. Most of the production came over here, to the States. I suppose because we Yanks don't require FACs and are power hungry.

Mine makes something like 22 and 33fpe on 1 and 2 strokes. Not a bear to cock....second stroke about the same as Eliminator. Most accurate springer I've ever shot. Remarkably, not too hold sensitive....perhaps because of the weight???

Here is a pic alongside another favorite Theoben that I remorsefully let go.

http://www.pbase.com/dlauring/image/14455607/large.jpg

Arrow

Thanks Disaster. Great pics! Only sorry that you are not in the UK!!
    I was told that only 50-1 batch-were made and it was discontinued because of low sales. Presumably at that price point it would eat into Rapid sales as well as top end pcp's from other makers. A great shame.

I built 90% of the Dual Magnums as well as designing it, it wasnt the easiest rifle to build and set up and it was not popular even though it was a very interesting rifle with lots of power and accuracy.
    If sales had been good we would have made more and found more efficient methods of assembly and construction.
    If you can get hold of one that has not been butchered they will go up in value dramaticaly in the future if kept in good order.

Ben Taylor

Took a while to get used to mine even though I used Eliminator regularly, certainly a collectors item now

Levely looking guns

Baz

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Looks just like an SLR88 to me....

Quick question Ben - how may 88K HE's were made - very few I imagine ?

Rgds,

JB
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Photo's

Hi Guys
    Assume btm pic is Dual. As matter of interest what is top one?
    Tutchi

Disaster Guest

RA800 aka Taunus.

19fpe break barrel. Much lighter and better balanced than Dualmag and Eliminator. Mine experienced accuracy problems I never seemed to have time to sort out. Sold it to someone who really wanted one and wasn't worried about accuracy issues. He traced the problem to the a loose silencer. Shoots great now. Wish I would have had more time to play with it.

Danny