Thread: Bushnell Laser Boresighter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs down Bushnell bore sighter problems

I bought one of these a few months ago, and found that it was not up to the standard that I had come to expect of Bushnell products. As a bore sighter it was not very accorate, and I would go so far to say it was more of a bore aliner to get you on the target, but not to accorately set up your scope without shooting. You can test for alinement by sticking the sighter in a cordless driil and spinning it slowly. If you get a circle on the wall you know the sighter is out. What you are after is a single dot. You can improve the sighter by putting it in a lathe and using a dial gauge to centre it, but it is a right work up....Bushell have brought out a new unit where you rotate the front of the laser to turn it on/off. It has four grub screws around the front, bot mine were deformed and useless for adjustment of the laser. I think you have to ask yourself is this worth the trouble. I would say that there is nothing wrong with the idea but the engineering quality lets it down.

hi guys

i find it brillaint to check zero before going out

worth the money in my eyes

atb

doggone

if you want one get it from ramsbottoms,they have .177 arbour,or did have when i got mine.

Nope still a waste of money in my view :-/
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Bore sighter

Never had any problems with mine used it on 3 different rifles so far a 97k, hw100 and a 95k all been spot on...yeah you got to ajust elevation about 4-6 clicks at 30 yards but thats expected. The Bushnell I use is the second version where you screw the lazer eye down and fully down i may add dont just leave it loose just because its on...maybe thats the problem some people have? maybe? no problems here with my Bushnell Bore Sighteronly ever used on .22 i must add aslo...no problems here, just check your using it correctly is the only advise i can offer.

Bushnell boresighter

They are what I would call sub standard, I tested mine in a set of "V" blocks and at 10 feet traced a 2" circle, there is no way of making any adjustments so got one from China that is fully adjustable and works fine. They are a great tool for checking POA for NV kit.

Cheers Bob

How bright is the laser at say 35 yards in daylight?

If fitted to the barrel would a non shooter be able to see the laser with the naked eye?
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us