Thread: Logun SG3 heavy grease

Logun SG3 heavy grease

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me if the above grease is silicone? Tried googling it but not been successful. I know its synthectic but thats all.... was on sale so picked some up when i got soem pellets. Thinking i might give this a try when i strip the rifle down again. Just dont want to stick something in that could cause damage as i know silicone is a no no for metal on metal.

cheers

Graham

yes it is..good on my hills pump but thats about it

SG3 Grease

I believe Logun/Webley recommend it for the 'O' ring on the Evo magazines. Avoid using it as a general grease especially where there is a metal to metal movement. As I think you know silicone is a rubber lubricant/protector but causes havoc in metal to metal movements.

For further info email: sales@webley.co.uk
    By buying, selling, borrowing or otherwise taking or accepting any item(s) from or with me, you are confirming that you are over 18 years old and are not prohibited from owning, possessing, handling or using that item(s).

SG3 grease

SG3 grease is fine to use on your airgun as it does not contain silicone.

ok i may stand corrected but if you google it it is often referred to as heavy silicone grease...without a breakdown of its composition ..i wouldnt risk it mate..up to you.

Its a synthetic general grease.

Fine for use on metal to metal.

I think some people confuse 'synthetic' with 'silicone' .......

SG3

I deal with john from lubro- teknik on a weekly basis and he assures me that it does not contain silicone.

Wink

then the mans correct,some donuts often sell it as "SILICONE" grease as opposed to synthetic.Big difference ref use as we know....i stand corrected but am glad as ive more uses for it now

Thanks for all the replys guys. Always good to get other opinions and in this case the correct facts!

You would think they would label it better though just to make it clear what it can be used for !