Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: lol fat kid shooting

anit got a clue what yours means something you dreamt up but DVC is in black n white
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Nie one Gary!
    How did you guess the second "A" in CAUBOA meant arse
    Nick
    ISP Airstream mk3 March F 2.5/25mml. Sportsmatch GC2 mk3 leupold 20/50 Steyr 2014 hft March x 5/50 MTR3 ISP Airstream MK3 March x 8-80 silver, fx impact m3 element helix Ripley AR4 blue Burris 8/32 Steyr 2014 hot all .177

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsmatch View Post
    anit got a clue what yours means something you dreamt up but DVC is in black n white
    But that in turn is some latin looked up in a dictionary & cobbled together by Jef Cooper to describe his "Modern Technique" (built in joke?) - not like it's from the classics or anything.
    If he hadn't been so busy being pretentious he'd have called it APS
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    i understand your point.

however i find it quicker and easier to twist my body, pivoting on the right foot, twisting allows you to get to the angle where you can draw the gun sooner than if you move your right foot around sweeping out the same angle.

with twisting the gun is closer to the axis of rotation than it would be if turning on your left foot, that means when you turn on your left foot you have to be able to turn a lot faster to cover the same angle, than you would if you were twisting.
    any comments?
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    He's Googling "Accuracy, Power, Speed" to see if Livius Andronicus, Marcus Pacuvius or Ennius used the phrase anywhere in their literature
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    He's Googling "Accuracy, Power, Speed" to see if Livius Andronicus, Marcus Pacuvius or Ennius used the phrase anywhere in their literature
    he is certainly taking his time whatever he is doing, perhaps he misspelled Ennius while typing it into Google and has become a bit side tracked :P :P
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Like many on here I spent many years shooting centre fire pistol, mainly Bianchi, skittles, plates and some practical.

First lesson to learn is accuracy. Practice often.

Try a single target. Draw one shoot one. If it's plates you're shooting don't aim for the plate, aim for the centre of the plate, imagine it's smaller than it is. You want to hit the target in the middle, this will give you some leeway when on the line. Then move up to two targets, two shots. Three targets, three shots, etc.

Power Nothing here, we no longer have Major and Minor classifications

Speed Let this come naturally. Always note your times so you can look back to check for improvements.

Don't try to outrace yourself, you won't win. Don't waste any body movement.

Good luck, Phil

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I've heard it said, Phil, that the best way to become a great Action pistol shooter, is to first become a great Precision pistol shooter.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Maybe sportsmatch has himself on video; he can then show us how great he is!!!!! Lol.