Thread: Feinwerkbau 300 S Universal...

Feinwerkbau 300 S Universal...

I hope someone can help?

How much should I expect to pay for one of these things in good working order?

Are they any good? And what do I need to look out for when buying?

Cheers
    Alex

egun prices

Hello albwown!

I collect the sales prices for these guns in Germany at an auction site called "egun".

You can download the data at this link. (XL-file, updated every week at the same link)

I don't know how valid it is in the UK, but it should give you a pretty good idea since there are almost 1700 FWB300S prices. Generally the price is about 160-170 Euro, 20 Euros higher for the Universal-model, and about 20 Euros lower for the FWB300 (without S), which is an older model.

Hope it helps...

/ Micke

Recent prices are in the £240-300 area.

Mechanically they are quite simple, 6ft/lbs ME is about right for one working as it should. The WAW sledge should move forward under gravity when the muzzle is lowered, those who know much more about these tell me it should move at approximately 20 degrees declination.

Make sure it has the correct accessories. Diopter, front sight, barrel weights etc. There were two variants originally, the NV (low sight line) and HV (high sight line). The latter being achieved by use of a wooden spacer beneath the removeable cheekpiece.

From 1983 onwards the model had an adjustable cheekpiece, as opposed to the earlier removeable version.

Check for cracks to the stock near the pistol grip, although they are much less prone to this than it's predecessor the FWB 150.

As for being any good? They were used to set numerous World records, so none to shabby.

Function, completeness and condition. In that order are the main price determinants.
    Last edited by 18 Wheeler; 11-09-2011 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by albrown View Post
    And what do I need to look out for when buying?
    Cheers
    Alex
    Ask about the seals, if they have not been replaced recently, budget around 50 quid for the seals plus whatever it will cost to have them replaced unless you DIY.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Seals can be had at Waffencentre for around 20 Euros + post, they are happy to send to the UK.

The piston seal shouldn't need to be replaced, they are reputedly good for a million shots.

It's a straightforward job even for the inexperienced, with no special tools required.

Cones posted an excellent guide with photos in the Target section. HTH

Thank you all for your response... I need something to plink with and not too expensive...The low power is also importnant to ease travel abroad..

My other considertation is the fwb lp65. Any thoughts on this pistol?

Cheers
    ALex

Quote Originally Posted by albrown View Post
    Thank you all for your response... I need something to plink with and not too expensive...The low power is also importnant to ease travel abroad..

My other considertation is the fwb lp65. Any thoughts on this pistol?

Cheers
    ALex
    Here you go Alex: <my thoughts on the LP65> and <here>>.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Thanks Garvin....I think I can feel the start of a collection coming on... retro match guns... Nooooo

A pistol might be the most practical thing for me... especially when i am on the move..

The lp65 seems to be about the best of the old ones too

Cheers
    Alex